corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Has anyone.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has anyone.....
pagey

User status: Offline
13th Aug 08 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed a bonnet over and had to swap washer jets over too?? Ive gotta new bonnet to go on and someone has cut the hose pipe that goes to the resevoir, is it a difficult job?
Joe

13th Aug 08 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could just cut your hose on the car and join the 2 pieces up?
corsasriboy

13th Aug 08 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a bit of a fiddly job, but simple enough. i used a bit of wire and fed it through first then pulled the hose thru by taping it to the wire. top tip - heat the ends of the hose up with a hair dryer when trying to pull off from/push onto any connectors, works a treat!

[Edited on 13-08-2008 by corsasriboy]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Aug 08 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did mine with my fingers

^^^His tip would be a much better idea but yeah it's simple enough
pagey

13th Aug 08 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the advice, problem is i want it to look how it is at the moment, so what i might have to do is remove the jets on the donor bonnet, then remove the jets and complete hose from damaged bonnet and swap over, but how hard is it to remove the washer jets then remove?
corsasriboy

13th Aug 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just pushed the clips in either side of the washer jets from inside/underneath the bonnet using a screwdriver. job done.
pagey

13th Aug 08 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That wil be the best bet then, i can use my existing jets and hose, so a screwdriver in either side of jets just underneath them, clips go in jets come out? coz you cant get to them from the underside of the bonnet, again, thanks for the advice, i know its not in the right section, cheers mods.
corsasriboy

13th Aug 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, you push the clips in from underneath the bonnet, its really tight but thats how i did mine so it is possible!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Aug 08 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Washer jets just pop out with a nudge from a screwdriver. With mine I got a bonnet which had nothing with it so had to use the washers and hoses off the original, all I did was pop the washers out, pull the pipes off em, then took the pipes out of the bonnet from the side where they go in then fed the pipes in from the side of the bonnet until they were around the right place then lifted em with my fingers and plugged the washers into em.

Best way tho would be two wires, feed em through the washer holes and out were the piping goes in, tape each wire to the appropriate pipe and pull both wires back through, which will put the pipes in the right place then just untape em, plug the washers in and pop the washers into place. I did all that before I put the bonnet on the car which is probably easier cos it's more accessible
pagey

13th Aug 08 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers all

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Has anyone..... 22 database queries in 0.0135291 seconds