corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Need Some Advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need Some Advice
Tom_Coe

User status: Offline
14th Aug 08 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today I found out that i passed my A levels and have now got my place at university doing photography, I have spent the past 2 years using a camera that is alright for A level work but now I am going to treat myself to a brand new camera, what i really need is some advice on what DSLR people think is the best I could get. I will ahve about £700 to play with and have been looking into the Sony Alpha A350 : http://www.jessops.com/Store/s74318/0/Digital-SLRs/Sony/Alpha-A350-%2b-18-70mm-%2b-55-200mm-Kit/details.aspx?&IsSearch=y&pageindex=1&CatId=481&ManIds=1527,&SortBy=SkuOfferingPriceASC&IsInStockOnly=False&comp=y

But any other suggestions and advice would be great.

Thanks

Tom
Leighton

14th Aug 08 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would not got for a sony, i would go for a canon or a nikon.
i use a canon and love it, you could get a 450D with a lens or 2 for that sort of money
AndyKent

14th Aug 08 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My recommendation would be to look at second hand - check out http://www.talkphotography.co.uk - theres loads of well looked after kit in the for sale forum and you'll get much more for your money

Personally I'd also recommend Canon or Nikon, but I know some others on here use Sony/Pentax and get on fine.
Tom_Coe

22nd Aug 08 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking to buy new really just incase problems occur, I know the likely hood of this is slim but knowing my luck it will break somehow, any one else got any more advice on a camera?been looking into cannons as my grandad has a 40D with a few lenses so thinking of getting just a body and borrowing lenses from him when needed, also the uni im going to have a wide selection of lenses that they loan out to students.
AndyKent

22nd Aug 08 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO second hand is fine. You're just as likely to have a new camera fail on you as a used one, so long as it doesn't have too many shutter actuations.

Other than that, you'll have to buy a Canon body to use Canon lenses as you (generally) can't mix and match between makes.
Tom_Coe

22nd Aug 08 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh he has the cannon lenses but am thinking it might be worth starting with a camera and building a base wit my own lenses instead of using my grandads, cheers for the replie aPk, what camera have you got?
AndyKent

22nd Aug 08 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Posted elsewhere, but currently got Canon 400D and Canon 5D.

I'd definately go for Canon, the college is far more likely to have Canon/Nikon gear available and the chance to use your Grandads gear is too good to miss.

No point going for Sony in your situation.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Need Some Advice 23 database queries in 0.0130610 seconds