corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EDS Phs 2 switchable boost ecu

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EDS Phs 2 switchable boost ecu
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
14th Aug 08 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone explain how this works...

Reason I ask is im looking at this in classifieds and just want to know a bit more about it.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=447508

.Does it reduce engine reliabilty

.More boost so will I need a fpr or is all that controlled by the eds chips.

.It is really as simple as just pressing a switch and youve got an extra 60bhp and more boost

Any info appreciated
Ben ev

14th Aug 08 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldnt need a fuel reg in theory as the pressure is set for max boost(15psi held on ps2 i think) the switch will turn it down from that if that makes sense. i would always recomend a good quality adjustable regulator and pressure gauge tho if tuning a turbo engine. wont reduce reliablity if setup properly. rising rate regulator would be ideal as fuel pressure is then increased1.1 with boost as in 1bar boost=1 bar extra fuel pressure. personally i think the non switchable phs 2 chipsets are best
FruitBooTeR

15th Aug 08 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will a standard LET be ok without a fpr and gauge etc or would you say its best to get one so you can keep an eye on it...

Its just im getting everything ready for my conversion and I keep finding things I need to buy etc lol and if it will be ok without one for a bit then ill do that then get a proper set up like a wideband later on.
carnuts

15th Aug 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for phase 2 you got to have uprated fuel reg as far as i know well i did one mine i had a cossie one which was adjustable more than anything all they do is just turn the boost down fuel pressure etc stays the same unless you get out and and change it

[Edited on 15-08-2008 by carnuts]

New Poll