corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear head rests - Corsa B 5 door - retro fit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear head rests - Corsa B 5 door - retro fit?
corsacdx

User status: Offline
20th Aug 08 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

My wife has a corsa B 5 door CDX and is concerned that when my son travels (or anyone else for that matter!) in the back there is little protection for whiplash should she have a crash as no rear headrests are fitted.

I know that on some of the later facelifted Corsa B's have rear headrests. However I have checked within the rear seat frame itself and there are no brackets hiding (like in my nova) that will accept the runners for a set of headrests.

Can I change the metal frames of the rear seats for later facelift B ones that have rear headrests and just change the covers over or do I have to completely change the rear seats (and full interior if I want it to all match) ????

Help mucho appreciated as usual !

Joff
Gareth F

User status: Offline
20th Aug 08 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be holes underneath the foam in the metal frame. Just rip open a corsa in a scrappy with the headrests and take the runners out from inside the seats. Pretty easy to take the material and foam off to gain access then cut holes and insert into your frame. Hope this helps.

New Poll