corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Where to buy a cheaper than dealer ECU for my Corsa C ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where to buy a cheaper than dealer ECU for my Corsa C ?
someonestolecc

User status: Offline
4th Sep 08 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello,

My ECU died and I was quoted at first $850 AUD and now $1260 AUD for a new ECU for my holden badged barina (opel corsa c).

Not sure if the situation is the same in your part of the world but was just wondering if you guys knew where I could get something cheaper than that aftermarket or through UK vaux or EU opel dealer?

Thanks heaps for any help from not so sunny Sydney
dean101287

4th Sep 08 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine?
someonestolecc

4th Sep 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oops sorry should have said. it's believe it's a Z14XE (the Z14XEP is the newer one right? I have the older one)

The ECU is HSFI 2.1 and I have the numbers from it. Delphi/Delco unit.
someonestolecc

8th Sep 08 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone??
deano87

8th Sep 08 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think, that one from a scrapped car will work, as long as it's the same engine. You may need the immobiliser chip though, which will be in the keys.
ed

8th Sep 08 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can use one from another car, but you'd still have to pay for them to code the immobiliser to your key and to the body control module, it's the labour that's the greatest cost there.
someonestolecc

10th Sep 08 at 05:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was quoted $121 for coding so that's acceptable.

I've been told by Holden (they sell the car here) that not all ECUs work and they must be the same numbers on the back... can anyone confirm they that any HSFI 2.1 ECUs are interchangeble?

I know there are serial numbers like DSBA or something and other numbers... don't they have any significance?

New Poll