corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » bridging 2 twelves

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bridging 2 twelves
lee2004_

User status: Offline
6th Sep 08 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi anyone... I Have two 12inch subs and i used to run them on seperate channels on my amp,, now i have decided to bridge them and it sounds amazing, but when i turn my volume up to a good level, they cut out, and i have to turn stereo off then bk on,, the amp and subs can clearly handle it coz the amps not turned up full whack, and the subs have plenty more go in them,, any advice?
andyc1234

6th Sep 08 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next time it cuts out see if the red light is on on your amp. if it is then, no , your amp cant take it
sand-eel

6th Sep 08 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got a capacitor
oceansoul

6th Sep 08 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im assuming that each speaker (sub in this case) is a 4ohm load, Also by bridging them i assume that you mean put both the + wires to the amps + and both the - wires to the ams -. If this is the case then the total resistance of the 2 speakers in parallel will be 2ohms. My guessing is that your amp cannot supply enough power to a 2 ohm load (each channel 4ohm only) hence why it is overheating and cutting out as you turn it up, Where its trying to supply twice as much power to acheive the same result as if it were 4 ohm load

New Poll