corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B Body Type 1 C20XE Conversion Kit Choices

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B Body Type 1 C20XE Conversion Kit Choices
Fat_Ed

User status: Offline
9th Sep 08 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I was told to sign up to this site by a friend of mine who is already on here as it might be a good place to get information about corsa's.

I am currently in the process of putting a C20XE into a Corsa B which was originally a 1.2 8v which form researching on the internet needs a conversion kit to suite 'Body Type 1.' I have found a few of the kits available which will fit my car but am unsure whether there are any issues with specific kits? The ones that I have looked at are the 'M-Tech Conversion Kit' on the LMF website (I have also found the same kit on V-Tuning) and also the Chris Astley Motorsport Conversion Kit.

What I am really after is people's opinions about the kits that they have used or have seen used and any problems they had whilst fitting them etc.

Thanks,
Ed
andyc1234

9th Sep 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just like putting the same engine back in so long as you have the conversion kit. no real differences between the different brands so long as you get the right one for the car.
Fat_Ed

9th Sep 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your help mate! ...

Think I might go for the M-Tech Kit with Uprated Engine Mounts from either LMF or Chris Astley as I spoke to a bloke at JNC Racing and he said that he would recommend using competition mounts to prevent engine movement.
Rybo

9th Sep 08 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used a chris astley one and was very happy with it for what its worth
andyc1234

10th Sep 08 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt bother going for competition mounts .the normal conversion kit it fine at the most bung some sealant in to stiffen them up
Rybo

10th Sep 08 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
i wouldnt bother going for competition mounts .the normal conversion kit it fine at the most bung some sealant in to stiffen them up

agreed
beany113

2nd Jan 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rybo
quote:

agreed

+1
jay26

2nd Jan 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by beany113
quote:
Originally posted by Rybo
quote:

agreed

+1

thead is like 3years old pal
johnny86
Premium Member

3rd Jan 12 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beany stop fucking spaming get out in the rain and fix your car!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B Body Type 1 C20XE Conversion Kit Choices 22 database queries in 0.0093691 seconds