corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » smoothing bumper

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smoothing bumper
Kyle471

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as you know standard bumpers have that little dint at the top... i see euro corsa's with it all smoothed off. how hard is this to do?? anyone know of a guide or anything???
andyc1234

23rd Sep 08 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best to have it plastic welded to fill it in but i have done a few with fibreglass and filler. its not an easy thing to do. get it wrong and it looks gash. get another bumper and have a go till you get it right thats what i did.
Kyle471

23rd Sep 08 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a spare just need to know what to buy tomoz
Will94

24th Sep 08 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plastic welding would be much more reliable, fiberglass and filler could crack if the bumper gets shunted or flexed too far

If you do decide to use fiberglass & a skim of filler, do the work while the bumper is fully bolted up and in position on that car as the bumper will have flexed when its off the car meaning that as you pull it into shape to fit it, the fiberglass & filler would crack and fall out

New Poll