corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help - apparently i need spigot rings but i have no idea which ones...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help - apparently i need spigot rings but i have no idea which ones...
moka

User status: Offline
   26th Sep 08 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help - apparently i need spigot rings but i have no idea which ones...

I took my car to kwik fit to get my tracking and wheel balancing done... The bloke done the wheel balancing but said he cannot do the tracking because apparently i need... 'spacers' because the wheel does not fit snug on the 'round thing' lol im sorry no idea what its called. Now i believed him at the time thinking ok hes the professional and knows what hes talking about. I then explained the situation to a mate of mine who knows a fair bit about cars and said that i do NOT need spacers but spigot rings and the bloke does not know what he is talking about. I have no idea what these things are other than sum rubber things that make the wheel sit true on the wheel hub thing.

now the reason i went to the garage was because the car shakes badly at high speeds / under heaving braking.

What do i need? Spacers like the kwik fit man said or spigots like my mate said?

Its a corsa and i have 15 inch MiM alloys on it.

[Edited on 26-09-2008 by moka]
Ellis

26th Sep 08 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need spigot rings to compensate for the differences in diameter between the hub and wheel, don't know where you would get them for those wheels - perhaps try the manufacturer?
byrnie_2004

26th Sep 08 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think thats what i need as well mate, mine shakes like fook on heavy braking. anyone know what size spigot rings fit corsa b's?

[Edited on 26-09-2008 by byrnie_2004]
teddytopend

26th Sep 08 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

find your local engineering firm they will more than likely turn you some for a few quid. they might even measure it up for you aswell.

www.conversionmounts.co.uk
damonwidd

27th Sep 08 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

search on ebay for them theres loads just find out the size you need first
samuel6240

27th Sep 08 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need the spigot rings ther what stops the wheel shaking once you hit above like 30mph. goto your nearest halfords and tell them what car its for and if you measure the size diagonally to the exact mm of the center hole of the alloys they should be able to get you a set for about £20
alan-g-w

28th Sep 08 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by samuel6240
you need the spigot rings ther what stops the wheel shaking once you hit above like 30mph. goto your nearest halfords and tell them what car its for and if you measure the size diagonally to the exact mm of the center hole of the alloys they should be able to get you a set for about £20

Wheels shaking above 30mph could be anything from tracking to loose wheels. Not only the need for spigots.

EDIT: and you want to measure to the nearest 0.1mm in possible if getting rings made up

[Edited on 28-09-2008 by alan-g-w]

New Poll