corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Managment Light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Managment Light
hmfctal

User status: Offline
29th Sep 08 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey I have a Vauxhall Corsa LS 1.2 16V 1998. The engine management light comes on when i was doing 65mph on the motorway, but cleared itself, but again last night heading onto the motorway sliproad doing 55mph it came on, but cleared. I Don't know what the problem is but i am trying to do the paperclip test from it doesn't seem to show for my car, as i have 16pin and my pins are different. Does anyone know which ports i should be putting the clip in? Anyway the car is goin to the garage later as it doesn't start, think its the starting motor, it clicks, need to bump start it to work. But do not want to pay for a diagnostic.
pow
Premium Member

29th Sep 08 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 16v (X12XE) can't be paperclipped mate.

Sounds like sensor (AFM, CTS, 02) problem, get it daignosed, will cost less than guessing. EML won't light up like that (or at all) for a dodgy starter
pow
Premium Member

29th Sep 08 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless, it's a dodgy battery?
hmfctal

29th Sep 08 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt think it could.Hopefully it gets fixed today when i take it down. No battery is fine, as im saying it only does it at high speeds. I know someone who had a similar problem but was on a newer corsa model, one of the C models, he says its an EGR valve but this was only replaced in april, though it was second hand from a breakers yard.
pow
Premium Member

29th Sep 08 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add EGR to my list then!
Haimsey
Premium Member

29th Sep 08 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my EGR went on my 1.2 16v the symptoms were that you could be accelerating either towards 70 or down a sliproad around 50/60 and then the power would just drop and then the light would come on, but then if you let off the accelerator and then pressed it down again it would most times cure the bogging down....

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Haimsey
Premium Member

29th Sep 08 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a lot of 'then''s in that post

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread

New Poll