corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police Follow Biker For 10 Mins, Up to 140mph!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police Follow Biker For 10 Mins, Up to 140mph!
John G

User status: Offline
   2nd Oct 08 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely there is no need for the police biker to follow him for so long at such high speeds. Does he not have enough evidence after the first few mins...

Also, some of the Police bikers overtakes are a little risky...

Police on board video
http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/video.aspx?VideoPath=WHG/mentalbiker256k_stream.wmv&VideoID=25532&ArticleID=4541486

Full Story
http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/worthing/VIDEO-Sussex-Police-film-biker.4541486.jp

[Edited on 02-10-2008 by John G]
nathy_87

2nd Oct 08 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edit: the biker must know them roads, adn espcially in the wet must be mad! cnat belive the motorbike cop went in between the Scenic & Lorry

[Edited on 02-10-2008 by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo]
Daimo B

2nd Oct 08 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ful discussion all over the biking web already.

Conclusion.

Sport biker rider is bad, few dodgy overtakes, and some wreckless speeding in low mph limit zones...

What was worse was the police bike following him, for that long, without blues and twos, and in fact the police biker pulls off more dangerous manouvers than the speeding biker (note near head on accident with other biker).

Also though, the response was, that the police biker was not allowed to pull him over, only to persure and gather evidence (hmmmm, even more dangerous????). A lot of reports had come in that the biker sped many times on a daily commute. The biker was pulled over by marked cars. The police bike was unmarked.

Also, the police biker over-exagerates (?sp) some of the overtakes etc.

So basically, one rule for the police, one rule for the public...

Not heard that one before have we.

[Edited on 02-10-2008 by VXR]
John

2nd Oct 08 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the biker doing 140 was in the right because he is a biker.

Shock post from VXR.
Daimo B

2nd Oct 08 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where the hell have i said that. He sped, done some wreckless stuff, some bad speeding in slow speed areas.

But nothing most bikers haven't done at some point in their life, especially if being chased by another motorcycle (ever been chased by another car? I guess you just stopped for a friendly chat yeah......????)

Not condoning the biker, but the police officer rode far more dangerous.

Considering 90% of bikers online who have commented thus far, including many police officers themselves, we'll i'll agree with the majority instead of some sarcastic wippet on a corsa forum ta Simply because I do agree, not because im a sheep.

How many of you would moan if chased (or raced) by an undercover car, only for it top pull you over 20 minutes later after some nutty driving.

John G

2nd Oct 08 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Ful discussion all over the biking web already.

Conclusion.

Sport biker rider is bad, few dodgy overtakes, and some wreckless speeding in low mph limit zones...

What was worse was the police bike following him, for that long, without blues and twos, and in fact the police biker pulls off more dangerous manouvers than the speeding biker (note near head on accident with other biker).

Also though, the response was, that the police biker was not allowed to pull him over, only to persure and gather evidence (hmmmm, even more dangerous????). A lot of reports had come in that the biker sped many times on a daily commute. The biker was pulled over by marked cars. The police bike was unmarked.

Also, the police biker over-exagerates (?sp) some of the overtakes etc.

So basically, one rule for the police, one rule for the public...

Not heard that one before have we.

I agree with the fact he should have pulled him over earlier, but youcant defend the bike rider one bit, he deserves everthing he got, if the unmarked bike had pulled him over after 3/10miles he prob would have just got a speeding fine, the more i look at the film im glad he did follow him for 10minutes and collected that many incriminating evidence as riders like this should be aloud on the road and he deserves to be behind bars for 2 years IMPO

[Edited on 02-10-2008 by John G]
12xe
Banned

2nd Oct 08 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is seriously shocking!!
Mobby

2nd Oct 08 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the poilce biker was encouraging him imho and where did you get this from?? 125ccsportsbikeforum??
M16KE B

2nd Oct 08 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

police biker was completley in the wrong imho, only encouraging the cock on the sports bike to go even quicker. both deserve to be linched tbf

[Edited on 02-10-2008 by M16KE B]
Daimo B

2nd Oct 08 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G

I agree with the fact he should have pulled him over earlier, but youcant defend the bike rider one bit, he deserves everthing he got, if the unmarked bike had pulled him over after 3/10miles he prob would have just got a speeding fine, the more i look at the film im glad he did follow him for 10minutes and collected that many incriminating evidence as riders like this should be aloud on the road and he deserves to be behind bars for 2 years IMPO

I've not defended the sports bikes riding at all. Mearly commented on its wrecklessness (hence agreeing), and then commenting on the danger of the police bikers riding.

2 years behined bars, yet if i stab someone and rob them, and they survive, i'd get 6 months.

Justice??????? Or overpowerment of the judge over yet another road conviction. There is a definatly long ban there, but not a prison sentance imo. Yes it was bad, but no-one got hurt, so not really a jail term.
Darkside-Dee

2nd Oct 08 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rofl @ cop

Hes terrible on the bends and not very compedent in the wet.
Daimo B

2nd Oct 08 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darkside-Dee
rofl @ cop

Hes terrible on the bends and not very compedent in the wet.

Thats comical that bit

Even more so that the next 2 minutes are spent loosing the sports biker through the NSL road with lots of bends.
Darkside-Dee

2nd Oct 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

them bikes are unbeliveably fast lol, anyone got any idea of what bike he was was chasing?
Daimo B

2nd Oct 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like GSXR1000.

Coppers bikes struggles after 130, but it gets to 130 far quicker than my diddy bandito So its a big cc, cruiser type bike. Could even be an un-marked Pan Euro.

bubble

2nd Oct 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y is everyone sayin its unmarked? copper bike has blues flashing!

12xe
Banned

2nd Oct 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux

ive seen unmarked cars with blues flashing
bubble

2nd Oct 08 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12xe
quote:

ive seen unmarked cars with blues flashing

discussion saying he wasnt identifiable as a copper. in my experience copper bikes are plastered up so people can see them.
richc

2nd Oct 08 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The copper was cleary out for a laugh!

Made me crease when he nearly went head on with the bike and he goes yer rider nearly hit oncoming bike

Im not actually that shocked because leaving i derbyshire not see stuff like this all the time!
Daimo B

2nd Oct 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Only at one point in the video was the blues shown. When a car would not move out of the police officers bikes way.

Even the police report states how an unmarked police bike was not allowed to stop the other rider, nor were a few unmarked police cars.

End of the day, biker should have been stopped straight away, not let to run for 10 minutes.

Same situation with my speeding, was followed for 7 miles. Brought this up in may case asking why was I not pulled over straight away, when there were plenty of safe opportunitys to pull me over.

The guys doing 80 through a 30. Do they not consider it appropriate to pull him over at this point??

Nahhh, lets let him do it again another 3-4 times, just for sh1ts n giggles

Rob B

2nd Oct 08 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what most bikers ride like isnt it ?
SR91

2nd Oct 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 year ban? So when hes done his bird he can drive again?
Welsh Dan

2nd Oct 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all very well saying that he should have been pulled over sooner, but the longer they film him for, the more evidence they have against him. It is for a solicitor easier to argue that a single moment of 80 in a 30 is a moment of madness to reduce the fine/ban, whilst if they catch him doing it four times along with other evidence, it will be easier for the prosecution to argue that he consistantly rides like this.

Also, its harder for an unmarked vehicle to pull someone over. If you were a biker and you saw someone on an unmarked bike trying to pull you over, some people might think that its someone having a laugh pretending to be a copper.

Edit to add: A lot of forces have got rid of the Pan Euros now, due to them not being ideal for Police use, although I can't speak for Sussex Police. I know our force mainly uses marked BMW RT1200s and Yamaha FZR1300s, as well as a few interesting unmarked bikes.

[Edited on 02-10-2008 by Welsh Dan]
pow
Premium Member

2nd Oct 08 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sport bike rider = shocking, he should never be allowed to ride again.

Police riding was questionable.
alan-g-w

2nd Oct 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
Its all very well saying that he should have been pulled over sooner, but the longer they film him for, the more evidence they have against him. It is for a solicitor easier to argue that a single moment of 80 in a 30 is a moment of madness to reduce the fine/ban, whilst if they catch him doing it four times along with other evidence, it will be easier for the prosecution to argue that he consistantly rides like this.

Also, its harder for an unmarked vehicle to pull someone over. If you were a biker and you saw someone on an unmarked bike trying to pull you over, some people might think that its someone having a laugh pretending to be a copper.
[Edited on 02-10-2008 by Welsh Dan]

The whole point about being pulled over sooner, I think, is the fact that half way through the 'chase' he could have hit someone crossing the road, killing them. But if he'd been pulled earlier it could have been avoided - how would that go down in court?

IMO he's been clocked early on, so should be stopped ASAP as to avoid any danger to the public.
Lucky B

2nd Oct 08 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by powPolice riding was questionable.

Police rider was worse than the guy he was chasing!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police Follow Biker For 10 Mins, Up to 140mph! 22 database queries in 0.0150120 seconds