corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New TV

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New TV
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Oct 08 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just took delivery of this..

Will get better pics later, we got the full package from currys. Absolutely love it, such a big difference fro ma 32 inch

Click
Graham88

5th Oct 08 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best make

Must seem huge
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 08 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its facking massive Its not 1080p, but you wouldnt notice that anyway.
Russ

5th Oct 08 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i noticed straight away
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 08 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because it says so

Also, i need to set the surround sound sytem up, move a few speakers around. All i need now is sky HD and a ps3, people who have sky HD, whats it like, how many channells are HD, dont think its all of them is it

[Edited on 05-10-2008 by Danny_v6]
radicalry00

5th Oct 08 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
i noticed straight away

Very nice TV Danny. Doesn't look like a 50" in the pic though, looks a lot smaller.

I'm currently looking for a decent >47" TV. That looks spot on for the cash.
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 08 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the room is pretty big so kind of looks small, different story when your sat infront of it though If your after a decent 47 then look at this below, we was going to get it but opted for this 50 instead, the package is a great deal for the money.

Click
radicalry00

5th Oct 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good. 1080p that one as well. TBH I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference between 720p / 1080p but it's nice to know it's capable lol.

Cheers for link, I'll have a look around and have a think about it.

BTW your living room looks identical to my sister's. Very similar wallpaper and I'm certain the coffee table is the same lol.
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 08 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the difference between 720p and 1080p is not really noticable, you would have to look prett hard to see a difference. We just recently had living room re-done, the coffee table is 2 tables, couldnt find a big enough one we liked so got 2 we could play around with
BarnshaW

5th Oct 08 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good buy matey . should have gone for a 1080p 42" tho
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 08 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah yeah i know i couldnt resist the 50 though mate, and to be honest, wouldnt of been worth buying a 42 as it would have been 10 inches bigger than the old one, might aswell go for a bigger size, fills the room so much better aswell
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 08 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just rearanged the speakers, put the two big ones at the back of the room, much better. You can sort of see how big it looks on this pic, quite close to the celing. I want the TV sound to come through the surround sound, do i just connect them both via scart cable?

radicalry00

5th Oct 08 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CRUNCH.

What's that?

Yeah it does look rather big on that picture. I really need to upgrade my 30" now.
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 08 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was an advert for something to do with the credit crunch, I should have took a better pic really
ash_corsa

5th Oct 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would notice the difference between 1080i and 1080p
but if your using it mainly for sky HD you'l be alright as sky can only output 720p/1080i anyways.

Looks good though mate!
To get audio from your TV, take an 'audio out' either analogue or digital (optical) from the TV and into an aux in on the surround sound system
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 08 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Ash, I'll sort that in a few days

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New TV 24 database queries in 0.0127339 seconds