corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Just something i did on photoshop

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just something i did on photoshop
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Oct 08 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this has a few peoples cars on off corasport
hope no body minds

hope you all enjoy
send it to who ever is on the cover if posible
thanks

Pete_vxl

8th Oct 08 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is pretty cool, how long did it take you?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

8th Oct 08 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm about a hour and a half including the problems i had with the sizeing

glad you like it mate

alan-g-w

13th Oct 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be better if 'GT5' on the civic's no. plate didn't look like it was scrawled on by a 4 yr old

But as a whole, good work
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

13th Oct 08 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer i had ALOT of problem getting that in the layers cos of the stupid photo shop i was using is last years

lol
but other than that i like it
AdZ9

14th Oct 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The nature of my work (graphic design) wants me to pick it apart and state the errors, but thats because i'm at work and looking to rant at someone/something

My good half says well done, is that for college or something?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

14th Oct 08 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer its for my college project

please do pick it apart

tell me everything thats wrong with it

cos i do need some critisism

thanks mate
John

14th Oct 08 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pictures aren't very good/good quality to start with, the aspect ratios of the ones on the left hand page are terrible, font on left hand page is terrible, ground on the right hand side is too dark against the dark polyphony font.

Although it kind of suits it i'm not too sure what a runway has to do with gran turismo?
AdZ9

14th Oct 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok if your sure

1) The Spine and top Playstation logo don't line up, the spine is slightly wider.
2) The GT5 on the numberplate looks weird, try typing it and then using Edit > Transform > Distort in Photoshop
3) The image has too much emphasis on the warehouse inside, make the car the main focal point, even if it means making the car go off the image, so you just see 3/4 of the car
4) The Polyphony logo wouldn't be used like that, the company would have guidelines, you can hardly see the logo, think of some way to highlight it, or slightly lighten with a gradual gradient from the pic downwards
5) 2nd Pic of Arden blue corsa on back looks out of perspective and as if its been squeezed inwards, either fix it or find a picture that fits your proportions/space
6) 3rd pic looks weird, the other pics are close up of the car, then the 3rd pic again has to much in the picture, the grey tarmac stands out alot
7) The 3rd pic also looks like it doesn't have that black stroke/keyline around it like the others, make it consistant or take it off the other 3. I'd personally use one good image, maybe an abstract one of Jimmys interior (pic 4) and make it a bit bigger height wise, you have a lot of blue space of the sky left on the bottom image.
8) The bottom image, it's low resolution if your using it at college and intend on printing it out then get hold of a 300DPI CMYK image (or RGB you can make it CMYK in PS) try looking at www.sxc.hu sign up, its a free stock library of high res images
9) The quote looks like it has sharp anti aliasing on it, you can change it to smooth in photoshop, also make the affliation (PS3 Mag) smaller, maybe mix it up using a sans serif font for the quote and a serif font for the affliation
10) The bottom white label on the back looks weird, but i'm guessing thats because you got it on the net and can't change it. You could get a PS3 cover and scan it in, as then it will be high res, and you could edit it a bit better.

What are you doing at college? I'm not being harsh at all by the way mate, just giving you tips and advice, i learnt from a bastard tutor who gave harsh critiques, but it made me a better designer.
AdZ9

14th Oct 08 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.hdgamenews.com/uploaded_images/UT3-box-cover-743390.jpg
Theres a high res image of a PS3 cover, cut the spine off and it will be a high res spine to use

http://www.covergalaxy.com/forum/attachments/sony-ps3/2842d1181669330-def-jem-icon-pal-cover-djips3j.jpg
Another large image of a PS3 cover (maybe check out the forums it links to, see if theres any blank ones)
Adam_B

14th Oct 08 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youve got a photo of a runway, 4 corsas and a civic. It just doesnt make sense.
Gaz

14th Oct 08 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i thinks its crap and would reattempt... nothing looks smooth like a cover should be.

Just my opinion though
Gaz

14th Oct 08 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus you have stolen images...
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

14th Oct 08 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thanks for that
tbh gaz
i dont care what u think

but other than that thanks for the CREATIVE critisism

not just it looks crap

the picture quality i made to look like that
as i was going for a slightly cgi look
didnt turn out like i wanted but dont forget i did have a VERY tight deadline and i had to do a evaluation and reaserch and planning to go with it

as for your question

im doing a diploma in computer games and animation

involves alot of things like concept art 2D animation with programmes such as toon boom
and 3d modling with programmes such as Maya

tis a good all round course
Whittie

14th Oct 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with the course.

Agreed with all of Adz comments too.
John

14th Oct 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought you were doing photography at college?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

14th Oct 08 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as part of my course i do photography and im on a seperate photography course mr smart arse
AdZ9

15th Oct 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't make excuses, deadlines or not, if its not done properly it will just look bad and get you marked down!

It won't be hard to rejig it, tidy it up (would take 30min max), go the whole hog and print it out full size (will fit on A4) and put it into an empty PS3 case, you'll get marked more for effort etc.

More good work you do at college the more you can put in your portfolio at the end when your job hunting, trust me. I did some rushed projects when i was doing my HND, when it came to the end i had no real good work to be proud of in my portfolio, luckily i already had a job lined up though!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

15th Oct 08 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ive got deadlines then i cant get it done in time

its a hard thing to do mate

also i did print it out
and fit it to a case

but ive still got another year to go in this course so i have alot of time to make my portolio
Adam_B

15th Oct 08 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have any of your other work online flaffy? Be intrested to see and compare to the stuff im doing, 1st year BA Hons Photography at UCLAN.

[Edited on 15-10-2008 by Adam_B]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

15th Oct 08 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm any graphical work or photography work ??

heres a bit of graphical stuff i did for collage

did that one last year i think
AdZ9

15th Oct 08 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
if ive got deadlines then i cant get it done in time

its a hard thing to do mate

Your telling me, I have to do it all day every day (and then after work when i freelance), difference is if i don't reach my deadlines i get bollocked by my employer
Gaz

15th Oct 08 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you failed... sorry, but if you do not want the truth dont ask....
flybikeslee

15th Oct 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's 17, you've got to start somewhere

[Edited on 15-10-2008 by flybikeslee]
nathy_87

15th Oct 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gaz your a bit harsh aint ya,

anyway ignore him Flaffy, not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but on the 'front cover' where its got 'Playstation' its uneven. everything else has been mentioned me thinks

Edit; Where it has got 4 images of the corsa's try and mix the cars so its not jsut all corsas, as there is a civic on front cover (as mentioned above)

[Edited on 15-10-2008 by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Just something i did on photoshop 23 database queries in 0.0201149 seconds