corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Turbo C20LET Project - Project Ended

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Turbo C20LET Project - Project Ended
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Oct 08 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I cant remeber what I did with my old project thread so best start a new one as its come along way since i last posted on here.

So Im May of this year i spotted this for sale on ebay and migweb for the second time, i had the money and have always wanted it so I went for it and purchased it off migweb member flopstocks for £2400.

Here are some pictures of when I first picked it up

Black Stallion

Unfortunatly I had no time to begin any serious messing with it because i had a weeks holiday booked the day after i bought it, so just a clean was all i had time for

Had to change the rear lights, I couldnt help myself lol

And a quick clean of the bay

So after my weeks holiday I got back and got straight into the work.
So up it went on axle stands and got busy...

First was a decent check on the under side, I know how rusty the older corsa shells can be, and this one is very clean

Only found one hole in the rear arch so got that welded up and waxoiled the entire underside to protect for the years to come.

Also replaced the rear brakes with new discs and pads, and new wheel bearings both sides

Was time for it to go back on its wheels for a while but had one problem, the old Masitaly rims had 4 bald tyres
So invested in some 16" BBS RX Alloys, with new tyres, could do with a refurb and new centre caps but thats all to come

Styling isnt my priority at the min but sold my old astra and spent it on a few treats for the Turbo

Had to be done

Some new legal pressed plates to freshen it up

New bonnet handle which has broken again recently

[Edited on 11-10-2008 by Green Thing]

[Edited on 27-10-2008 by Green Thing]

[Edited on 06-11-2008 by Green Thing]

[Edited on 06-11-2008 by Green Thing]

[Edited on 10-11-2008 by Green Thing]

[Edited on 12-11-2008 by Green Thing]

[Edited on 16-11-2008 by Green Thing]

[Edited on 17-11-2008 by Green Thing]

[Edited on 22-11-2008 by Green Thing]

[Edited on 29-11-2008 by Green Thing]

[Edited on 03-12-2008 by Green Thing]

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
l15ter

9th Oct 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

future plans?looks ok
Pete_vxl

9th Oct 08 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really want a turbo your a jammy bugger mate
Adam C
Premium Member

9th Oct 08 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody computer crashed, havent even got have way through yet lol, i shall continue

Adam C
Premium Member

9th Oct 08 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also invested in some new aero wipers and a tigra scuttle

And then this is how it sat for a while

Then disaster struck, just a few hundred yards from where i live, and oil cooler pipe burst after it was cutting into a jubilee clip

The offending article, one fucked oil cooler pipe.

Its been unused for 2 months so time to wheel it in the garage

After attempting to buy a replacement i just decided to replace the entire lot.

So purchased a mocal oil cooler kit and sandwich plate for the oil gauges

New 13 bar cooler compared to the old one

And fitted..

Trial fitted the sandwich plates, which have been refitted since due to the senders leakin out oil, but thats been sorted now with some copper washers and some thread locking tape

So after 2 months its back together and runnign perfect with new GM Vauxhall Oil which really does make it run a treat

Also replaced a ball joint, cleaned up the brakes and painted the calipers whilst it was up in the air

Old fucked one

Nice new one..

Also had my matching Oil pressure gauge arrive, so they will be wired up tomorrow along with my Oil Temp gauge

So once the gauges are fitted it will be going in for its MOT and its back on the road

Now that the mechanical side of things is good its time to focus on exterior and interior styling me thinks

More updates soon

Adam C
Premium Member

9th Oct 08 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
future plans?looks ok

Doesnt look anything like I want it to tbh mate

But as soon as my fk smoked headlights turn up for the green corsa i will be putting the morettes on this corsa.

But have tons of plans which will be reiveled as soon as they come along
But basically the entire look of the car is changing, it wont look the same in every aspect when Im finished with it

l15ter

9th Oct 08 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough..its got a great engine, its a shame that the outside dont compare with it..just looks a bit chavy, no offence
Adam C
Premium Member

9th Oct 08 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean, the headlights ruin it, along with the bumper cut but its more a case of use over looks.

Otherwise i cant see where the chavyness comes from in the more recent photo's, standard red bump strips will be coming off soon enough aswell.

But nevermind it will look very different in the next few months to come, standard just doesnt suit me at all

l15ter

9th Oct 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na i ment when you first got it, with the 5 spoke alloys, the rear lights, the front bumper and lights
Adam C
Premium Member

9th Oct 08 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
na i ment when you first got it, with the 5 spoke alloys, the rear lights, the front bumper and lights

ooh god yes i totally agree lol, but i bought it knowing i will be changing it for the better
Still cant stand the front bumper or headlights but thats all changing soon enough

Pete_vxl

10th Oct 08 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive never understood how the induction kit gets much air as i seems to be way up the back of the engine. will you be taking one of the morrette sidelights out for air feed?
dean101287

10th Oct 08 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt need much air. It gets sucked through a turbo and intercooler then goes into the engine
fazza

10th Oct 08 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loves it mate!!!

will have pop down and see it sometime!!

definately when my corsa is finished buddy
Toby
Premium Member

10th Oct 08 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dean101287
it doesnt need much air. It gets sucked through a turbo and intercooler then goes into the engine

have you read that out loud and thought about what you said, lol

car looks like its comin along well, is the oil cooler attached through the rad??
i guess there will be a few exterior changes when you come to sell the green thing and you transfer a few bits over
ShEp

10th Oct 08 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good

And that was a track rod end you replaced btw
dean101287

10th Oct 08 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
quote:
Originally posted by dean101287

have you read that out loud and thought about what you said, lol

car looks like its comin along well, is the oil cooler attached through the rad??
i guess there will be a few exterior changes when you come to sell the green thing and you transfer a few bits over

I knew what I ment
Adam C
Premium Member

10th Oct 08 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pete_Macari - Possibly, needs a new air filter anyway so will see if i could possibly move the filter so its positioned better and so it can get air to it through the morette inner lmap when i take it out.

corsagsi16vplym - Defo mate, shall be on the road soon enough again, sadly wont be driving but will give me time to get it looking much better for when it does come out to play.
Never know I might have to make a trip up to plymouth sometime

CorsaB4ever- Nah the Oil Cooler is attactched onto the slam panel, so it doesnt move at all unlike the old one.
Im only planning to take the morettes off the green one for now as Ive bought smoked fk's for the green one, but I will probably keep both cars as I wouldnt want to drive the turbo as an everyday car, plus the 1.0 is cheap as chips as a runabout.

ShEp - I have a habit of mixing the 2 up, so when i went to a few places asking for an upper ball joint they did look at me abit funny

Oil Guages are in and working, pics soon when its all been tidied up

sampayne21

10th Oct 08 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all looking good, what grade oil are you using?
Adam C
Premium Member

10th Oct 08 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sampayne21
all looking good, what grade oil are you using?

10w/40 Semi Synthetic Genuine GM Vauxhall Oil

Runs so much better with it and no tapping

B3KAN

11th Oct 08 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does that oil pressure sender not rub on the driveshaft? I had that problem after i fitted mine and let it off the jack had to swap them over
Adam C
Premium Member

11th Oct 08 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B3KAN
Does that oil pressure sender not rub on the driveshaft? I had that problem after i fitted mine and let it off the jack had to swap them over

Yes it does, just lowered it back down tonight and its touching it

Ah well another job for tomorrow

Cheers for your help with the gauges by the way, gauges are all fitted now and work fine

B3KAN

11th Oct 08 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
quote:

Cheers for your help with the gauges by the way, gauges are all fitted now and work fine

Yea i did the same lol took it for a drive and heard a rubbing noise made a nice shiney mark on the drive shaft swapped them over tho and all is fine

Hope it wasnt my pic that made you put it on that side off the sandwich plate
Adam C
Premium Member

11th Oct 08 at 00:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
quote:

Yea i did the same lol took it for a drive and heard a rubbing noise made a nice shiney mark on the drive shaft swapped them over tho and all is fine

Hope it wasnt my pic that made you put it on that side off the sandwich plate

no lol, ive already swapped the senders around its just the plate moved when i tightened it, so just need to loosen it and turn it slightly

then hopefully it should be all good

B3KAN

11th Oct 08 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice 1 Cars looking good
rickiek123

11th Oct 08 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool as

where did you get the plates made?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Turbo C20LET Project - Project Ended 24 database queries in 0.0180781 seconds