corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mot fail for having different wheels on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mot fail for having different wheels on
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Oct 08 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

two of my wheels have two possible failure tyres on which i have just noticed!! can i whack two old wheels on with new tyres (sport three spokes) and leave my two speedlines on rear or should i change them all?
Torsa g

15th Oct 08 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you must have all the same size wheel and tyres on for a pass
Pip308

15th Oct 08 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to have the same size and width on an axis, so both rears have to be the same and both fronts have to be the same but front and rear can be different,
but if the mot man deams the car unsafe cos of the size difference he can fail it.
Fonz
Premium Member

16th Oct 08 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont disagree that cars can and have failed for different sized wheels but mine pass its MOT after i put on the spare (had 14" 3 spoke sports and put a 13" spare on) when one of my alloys wasnt a pass, looked odd having 165/65s on and a 135/60 13" but it did pass.....
Toby
Premium Member

16th Oct 08 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i put two three spokers on the rear and kept speedlines on the front, they bout the same size if you include larger ratios and what not, plus hes a freindly tester
deano87

16th Oct 08 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriends car, when we bought it, passed the MOT with 1 tyre on the wrong way round. . .
Adam_B

16th Oct 08 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a complete set of wheels id just change them all, its not hard and saves hassle.
Toby
Premium Member

16th Oct 08 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well had two failures headlight aim and handbrake profieceny (sp) of 1% lol so he fixed that for 15 quid
john_c20xe

16th Oct 08 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to have the same size wheels on the same axel doesnt matte if there diff sizes on front or back, fink of mercedes they have wider wheels at the rear
deano87

16th Oct 08 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
you have to have the same size wheels on the same axel doesnt matte if there diff sizes on front or back, fink of mercedes they have wider wheels at the rear

I know it makes no difference when it comes to MOT, but a Mercedez, BMW, Jag etc are designed to be like that, Corsa's aren't.
john_c20xe

17th Oct 08 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i see your point, just put all four stanadards on for the mot just to make sure

New Poll