corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe conversion help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe conversion help
george

User status: Offline
18th Oct 08 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

putting xe into my corsa, just want to know if i get motorsport hubs can i just use standard 2 litre shafts? and can i use my standard gear linkage with gearbox spacer? also would anyone have any kind of wireing diagram for the ecu to dash wireing?

thanks, george
smokey corsa

18th Oct 08 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope, use corsa gsi/diesel shafts, mk2 cav 1600cc inner cv's with the standard outer hubs/cv's. you will need to modify your linkage but depends on how much you have to space gear box. as for wiring ill have a look.
boz_gsi

18th Oct 08 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as he sed abouve, and as for wiring its colour to colour,
smokey corsa

18th Oct 08 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before you fit the engine you need to remove the starting and charging loom from the original corsa engine and fit it to the xe. This makes the wiring really easy as now you have two completely separate discrete looms. Once the engine is in the car you simply plug the original corsa starting and charging loom back into the corsa car loom.

When you removed the corsa engine loom (with the engine) you should have been left with a square 9 pin plug in the drivers side foot well. The complete xe loom remains on the engine throughout and simply feed through the bulkhead in the same place as the original corsa loom. On the end of the xe loom you have 3 plugs which will need to be cut off, some of these will be joined to the 9-pin plug and some simply left. (you can cut the plug off the corsa loom and use this on the end of the xe loom so that you can still easily unplug it for removal. (Easier to do this before you fit it to the car)

Wiring colours are as follows:

XE loom

Green - revcounter feed, wire to green on corsa plug (some corsas may not have this wire, in which case use a bullet connector and run a green wire to the rear of the clocks if you wish to fit a set with a revcounter.

Brown/Blue - ECU light, match to corsa plug

Brown/White - Diagnostics, match to corsa plug

Brown/Yellow - Diagnostics, match to corsa plug

Blue/red (thick) - Fuel pump feed, match to corsa plug

Blue - Coolant temp sensor feed for dash clocks, match to plug

Red/White - Autobox, unused in conversion

Red/Blue (thin) - electronic speedo feed, match to corsa plug

Red (large) - Battery +ve

Black (thin) - Battery -ve you can move this inside and matched it to the corsa plug

Black/green - Aircon, unused in conversion

You can move the permanent live feed to inside the car at the 9 pin plug instead of to the battery, the A/B fuelling plug is in there as well etc, but this isn?t necessary.

Fuel relay block remains as is.
george

19th Oct 08 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the help smokey will definatly come in handy

New Poll