corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 99 Corsa Sport x14xe Oil Beather Pipe Change

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 99 Corsa Sport x14xe Oil Beather Pipe Change
mellor18

User status: Offline
19th Oct 08 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone changed the oil breather pipe on the front right hand corner of the rocker cover that goes down under the coil pack and round the back of the engine? Any tips on how to access the pipe at the rear of the engine and time scales to do the job? many thanks.
Gareth F

20th Oct 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it connects straight onto the air intake pipe behind the engine and its a bitch to get to. Ive just disconected the pipe and blocked it off then run a new pipe from the engine into a bottle (breather mod) is what its know as. Try that if you cant replace it.
mellor18

20th Oct 08 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it any good getting to it from underneath?
Richardhhha

20th Oct 08 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant remember fully but i think you may be able to get to it from underneeth the car fairly easely... from the top its a bitch of a thing to do. id replace it propperly f i were you a lot of people do the breather mod for ease when the pipe breaks/splits.. up t you tho
mellor18

20th Oct 08 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer mate i wanna do a propper job, the pipe that is on the car now has perished and has split and leaking oil down the front of the engine, ive ordered the new pipe which has only cost 13 pound so should have that within the next two days
Gareth F

20th Oct 08 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leaking oil down the front of the engine!?! The breather pipe doesnt carry that much crap on the x14xe and x16xe engines unless they are very unhealthy

My pipe hardly lets out any oil (not blocked) dont know if were talking about the same pipe........ How thick is it? about 2 1/2 cm? or about 4cm?
mellor18

20th Oct 08 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its bout 2 n 1/2 cm thick, but i checked the oil today and there is too much oil in the engine as it was above the maximum mark on the stick which is possibly the reason its leaking oil more than usual so wen i fit the new pipe i wil empty the oil to the correct amount.
Craig P

20th Oct 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Mate,
I have changed this Pipe twice now as both of my Corsa Sport X14XE''s have had split and perished pipes.
They are quite a badger to replace but its not impossible there just a bit fiddly.
What i did was take out my battery and coolant bottle(Although you might get it if you just move it out of the way)Then undo both clips one at the top by the Rocker Cover and the other at the other end,which is where you can have some fun as Smart Vauxhall put the clip the wrong way round to get at so you have to flick it around to undo it.Once you have got both off, you just pull it through under the Coil/Ht Leads(If you cant get it out just take them of aswell)
A cant quite remember but you also might have to take off the sensor next to the Coolant Bottle?You will also have to top up the coolant if you take the Bottle off.

Hope this helps Mate?

Regards
Craig
mellor18

20th Oct 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks craig any advice appreciated, would it help having the car in the air cant you get to it underneath?
Craig P

20th Oct 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate not really to much in the way.Just follow as i said and you should be ok?(Fingers Crossed lol)
If you get stuck or want anymore help please just let me know,Am willing to try and help.

Regards
Craig

P.s Good Luck,You'll be fine
mellor18

20th Oct 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers pal jus two make sure we are talking bout same pipe its the on thats on the right next to the dip stick yeah..
Craig P

20th Oct 08 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it runs along the side of the Rocker Cover next to(If not under the Ht Leads + Poss Coil)And goes round towards the Back of the Block?And it is Black?

No worries mate,Here to help!

Craig
mellor18

20th Oct 08 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate thats the one, i attempted it once by jus taking the battery out n give it up as a bad job lmao
but this time ill move the coolant tank too cheers again matey

New Poll