corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » F28 leaking oil :-S

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F28 leaking oil :-S
thegsi

User status: Offline
20th Oct 08 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My F28 is leaking bits of oil. Looks to be coming from the back of the box near the mount. Plus, its quite difficult to get into reverse. Could it be the gear linkage? Also, how do you top up gearbox oil? Any help appreciated. Cheers
luke85

20th Oct 08 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To top it up theres a plug next to the drivers side CV joint, about level with the top of the CV. Take it out and put oil in there until the oil is up to the level of the hole then put the bung back in.

Chances are its leaking from one of the driveshaft oil seals so have a look around there, they're not expensive to buy and not too big of a job to change.

Difficult to get into reverse does sound like a linkage adjustment problem as long as the clutch cable hasnt slipped
luke85

20th Oct 08 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EDIT: I mean passengers side CV, been a long ass day
DAZ1985

20th Oct 08 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines leaking from the same place i just keep topping it up.

the filler is on top of the box i thought and the plug next to the cv is what you open to get the level right
luke85

20th Oct 08 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can do ot that way Daz but on mine with the ABS and chargecooler and battery its hard to get to, most gearbox oil bottles come with a plastic tube that can go in to fill it up from the level hole
thegsi

20th Oct 08 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads thats a great help. Really appreciate it

New Poll