corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Help!
Keifer1903

User status: Offline
   30th Oct 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the other day my car wouldnt turn over so i changed the battery and i started to work perfectly the 2 nights ago i stoped and none of my dials worked and the lights began to dim and when driven the belt squeels am i right in thinking that the altenator is goosed or could it be something else?
lwigmore

30th Oct 08 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds like alternator is knackered, Have you checked to see if your battery is charged up?

Or maybe your belt might need tightening or loosening as it could either be loose or too tight?

tomorrow feel the belt and see if it has any slack in it, if so then give it a tighten up and check the belt or start car up and see if it squeels?
Keifer1903

30th Oct 08 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it only squeels when driving and battery was charged up!
lwigmore

30th Oct 08 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i'd check and tighten up or slacken the belt then see if it squeels after that mate

New Poll