corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Stan Ternent gone

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stan Ternent gone
Nath

User status: Offline
4th Nov 08 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/huddersfield_town/7707920.stm

Danny
Ojc

4th Nov 08 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary Roberts FTL
strick206

4th Nov 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good, there performances have been shite, and ive backed them for the league and done my money now thanks to the badger
Danny P

4th Nov 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Good, there performances have been shite, and ive backed them for the league and done my money now thanks to the badger

Same as me mate

We had a really good chance this season, but Ternent has managed to knacker it all up within a few games, even after bringing in 10 new players, and doubleing the wage bill. Loads of problems behind the scenes as well which is probably the main reason why he has been sacked, plus the bloke on the board who is set to take over as chairman never wanted him in the first place.

If we manage to go on a run i'm still confident we could sneak a play off spot, just need to get the right bloke in charge who can work with the young players instead of slating them every 5 minutes

Ternent being sacked has made a lot of people in Huddersfield VERY happy this morning.
nik

4th Nov 08 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mistake IMO. Took him a season to get going with Burnley and the same at Bury. I think Huddersfield will live to regret that.
strick206

4th Nov 08 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Ternent being sacked has made a lot of people in Huddersfield VERY happy this morning.

Certainly will have, i work with a lad from huddersfield and he was hoping they'd have lost against crewe so they could sack him, but they got best of both worlds now
Danny P

4th Nov 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Mistake IMO. Took him a season to get going with Burnley and the same at Bury. I think Huddersfield will live to regret that.

Know what your saying, and before he came looking at his past records then I wanted to give him time to build a decent side and push for promotion, but the way we have started the season leads me to believe that he hasn’t got a clue what he is doing.

Our performances have been nothing short of embarrassing. We’ve only won 4 games this season, 2 of which came against rock bottom teams (and we only beat Crewe with a 90th minute winner having been 2-0 in the first half) We have taken the lead in about 8 games, and gone on to win only 1 of them what with Stan messing with the team when there has been no need to.

He hasn’t a clue what is best side is, or even what formation to play. We’ve had 7 different players play at Right Back so far this season, and 4 different left backs. We’ve conceded 11 goals in our last 3 games, and have only scored 3.

To go with all that you have the off-the field antics. He refuses to talk to our Academy manager, and has dismissed 85% of the academy products without even seeing them play. He has fallen out with the Chairman elect, gave our BBC Radio reporter a right dressing down live on air for daring to ask him difficult questions after a run of defeats. He had a go at the fans, and lost any respect he may have had from the fans with his comments about us.

Like I said, I was all for giving him up until at least x-mas to turn things round, but after watching the last 3 games I’ve come the conclusion that we have done the right thing by getting rid. If we bring someone in quickly then we can push forward this season and maybe sneak a play off spot, with Stan, we were more likely to get relegated.

[Edited on 04-11-2008 by Danny P]
Cavey

4th Nov 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our performances have been nothing short of embarrassing. We’ve only won 4 games this season, 2 of which came against rock bottom teams (and we only beat Crewe with a 90th minute winner having been 2-0 in the first half)

Just think what it feels like to be a Crewe fan
--DAN--

5th Nov 08 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny Thought you needed a manager not a Physio

Clicky
Danny P

5th Nov 08 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --DAN--
Danny Thought you needed a manager not a Physio

Clicky

Not seen that before, WTF

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Stan Ternent gone 23 database queries in 0.0126572 seconds