corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sorry Polo MK3!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sorry Polo MK3!
Coakley-16

User status: Offline
8th Nov 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello guys i just recently brought a polo! Had the car a few days and have got my 1st problem. I was messing around trying to fit my cd player! The polo doesnt have a chock block. Anyway while i was doing this i tried to start for car hear and there and it did start. Untill i gave up because i couldnt wire up my cd player! When i went to start the car it wouldnt start! It turns over but doesnt spark to start the engine!

*There is no petrol smell.
*All the fuses are ok.
*The spark plugs are fine.

But on the other hand i do need a new cambelt and water pump! I do have the cambelt and water pump in boot ready to fit but i dont have a clue how to fit them. The cambelt is quiet loose! But still ok to drive! When the car started it used to make a v.loud rattle sound. When driving the faster i got the faster the rattleing i been told it where there is a spring in in the cambelt its come loose!? But i dont think this could stop the car from starting.

Any help people please?

[Edited on 08-11-2008 by Coakley-16]
Rob E

8th Nov 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DONT DRIVE IT!!!! It sounds like your waterpump/cambelt tensioner has given up. The cambelt shouldnt be loose at all, seriously, I wouldnt even crank her over until you have had these done.

Seem as you have mentioned the cambelt is loose, you could have slipped a few teeth and knocked the timing out/bent some valves. DO THE CAMBELT/WATERPUMP CHANGE FIRST THEN COMPRESSION TEST THE ENGINE
Coakley-16

8th Nov 08 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh god! Cheers dude i shall get these done asap! There sitting in the car but i don't have a clue how to fit them.

New Poll