corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my m8 has corsa b 1.2 8v and he want to no what to do with the sensor on he's airbox

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my m8 has corsa b 1.2 8v and he want to no what to do with the sensor on he's airbox
markx14xe

User status: Offline
10th Nov 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(Connected to my airbox is a pipe from the manifold heatsheild to the airbox, also some sort of sensor. If i disconnect these will it effect the car?) from corsa_rob)

i gave he a k&n induction kit and he put it on and he is left with sensor with no where to put is what can he do?
20valver
Banned

10th Nov 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a mpi or a spi
Skylined

10th Nov 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's to pull warm air in from the engine

no it won't affect it if you put a cone filter on just take the airbox and sensor off i did it on mine for a bit

then put standard back on because filter was choking the engine and made it crap
20valver
Banned

10th Nov 08 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it is a mpi then the sensor is a intake air tempeture sensor = iat
markx14xe

10th Nov 08 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure it a corsa b 1.2 8v breeze thats all i know
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Nov 08 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it out, put 8lb of filler and fiberglass in and make it smooth, proven 60bhp gains.
ed

10th Nov 08 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can take it off, it's not actually a sensor. It's there to direct warm air into the throttle when you are at higher revs to stop the throttle body icing up. Just make sure you block the hole up that the little red pipe comes from though, just to keep the intake all sealed up.
markx14xe

10th Nov 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where?
Skylined

10th Nov 08 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stick a matchstick in the hole where the sensor pulls off the top of the engine near the top of the engine bay

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my m8 has corsa b 1.2 8v and he want to no what to do with the sensor on he's airbox 22 database queries in 0.0118010 seconds