corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Randy Couture v Brock Lesnar

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Randy Couture v Brock Lesnar
Hammer

User status: Offline
13th Nov 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone staying up for it? Predictions?

I've been looking forward to this for months now, I'm even staying in on Saturday night hopefully to watch it.

I'm going for Lesnar as I'm a fan but I reckon it could go to a decision depending on what shape Couture is in. Rumours are Lesnar's Jiu Jitsu is now up at an unbelievable level for a guy that's only been training for a couple of months whilst doing other things. Should be an amazing spectacle!
Cosmo

13th Nov 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both are big hitters so cant see it going to a decision, one of them will go down.

Going for Lesnar due to his immense power, but Couture's experience could get him a few punches in that make it count.
Hammer

13th Nov 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interesting to see what Lesnar's chin is like and if he's any good on his back.

The other 3 fights he's been in have been;

Min Soo Kim - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWQ1AyGUFsQ

Secures the take down in under 10 seconds and pounds on the guys head until he taps out

Frank Mir - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKZmFI9vFHI

Take down in less than 5 seconds pounds his head until the ref unfairly gives Mir a reprieve by docking him a point for 1 glanced blow to the back of the head. He then rocks him with a belter of a punch and smells blood, goes to finish it and rookily leaves a leg out to be knee barred.

Heath Herring - Smashes his face in the first round so hard he breaks his orbital bone and he tumbles backwards 3 times. He then takes him down in every single round, smothers him with his huge frame and punches him from above taking the unanimous decision.

If Couture beats him he'll have my respect, in terms of size, strength, agility, wrestling ability, striking, ground game Lesnar is streaks ahead. Experience and the ability to break through adversity are the only 2 aces i can see Randy holding.
Jamie

13th Nov 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fully intend on staying up - got a poker night before hand so will try the old "pace game"
strick206

13th Nov 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't follow UFC but i remember seeing that lesnar in wwe, and he's a fooking monster, didnt realise he's gone into that

I wouldnt like to be facing him anyway
Hammer

13th Nov 08 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf he left amateur wrestling and moved into WWE for a paycheck. He was earning $1 million + for the last 2 years of his contract.

A lot of people think of him as a pro wrestler, the reason he got the title shot after 2 fights, when in reality he is as good an amateur wrestler as there has even been. They label him a steriod user but there has never been a human being that physically imposing with the ability to move as quick as he does. He's genuinely frightening and having seen him personally I can back that up.
AdZ9

14th Nov 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has he fought a proper ju jitsu fighter yet? As in someone who has been training JJ for most of their life? I reckon he wouldn't stand a chance if he had, he's a big guy no dispute in that but i reckon if he fought someone who knew how to grapple properly he would get beaten just as quick as he beat that Kim guy
Hammer

14th Nov 08 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
Has he fought a proper ju jitsu fighter yet? As in someone who has been training JJ for most of their life? I reckon he wouldn't stand a chance if he had, he's a big guy no dispute in that but i reckon if he fought someone who knew how to grapple properly he would get beaten just as quick as he beat that Kim guy

Yip his training camp is jam packed full of black belt level jiu jitsu guys. The start of the camp there were guys 100lb lighter than him submitting him at will. As it stands just now he is up to their level according to one of his training partners, i'll try see if I can find the interview I got them from it was a couple of weeks ago now.
Hammer

16th Nov 08 at 03:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish it would start, it's nearly 4 and i've been drinking since 10
strick206

16th Nov 08 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monster won in the second i see

Will look for the fight on the net tonight
A1EX

16th Nov 08 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.mmahacks.com www.mmascraps.com

felt sorry for couture although i wanted to lesnar win, he had an uphill task from the start, looked like two weight difference

[Edited on 16-11-2008 by A1EX]
Hammer

16th Nov 08 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks to be fighting well within himself as well after making the rookie error against Mir.

The Era of Brock
SteveW

18th Nov 08 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brock is very good fighter.. not sure they should have thrown him at Randy so soon..
think he should have had to fight a few more of the top ranked heavyweights first to see what he makes of them

but heard that his next fight will be decided on Frank Mir's next fight with Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
Hammer

18th Nov 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yip he'll fight the interim champ to unify the belts.

Couple reasons why I thought it was the correct decision....the UFC is a business not like boxing or whatever were you have to be ranked and deserve title shots. Basically they're going to put on the fight that draws PPV buys and Lesnar is still a household name after being in the WWE.

Secondly, Couture himself entered the UFC in 1997 and had won the title within the year. He'd had a couple more fights but it would be hyprocritical for him to moan about it.

I reckon he'll drop a weight class and keep fighting, the heavyweight division is going in the direction of monsters with athletic ability like Gonzaga and Lesnar and smaller framed guys like Couture will struggle to cope.
SteveW

20th Nov 08 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonzaga is one hell of a heavy hitter.. was at the UFC when he knocked CroCop out with a very nice kick to the head.

hes very good.. yet to see much from Fedor Emelianenko

thought he was starting in UFC ??
hes meant to be one of the highest ranking fighters for his stuff in Pride
Hammer

20th Nov 08 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you at that? you lucky badger

Fedor is the best fighter in the world by a distance, Dana White will tell you it's Anderson Silva but you seen against Patrick Cote his head isn't completely right, I think he's bought into his own hype. Plus the fact White can't seem to get Fedor to sign, which might be helped by the fact Kimbo just got knocked out in Elite and they've went bankrupt. So he's only really got one alternative to Pride now.

I'll try find a link for Fedor's recent fight against Slyvia, the former UFC champion, wait 'til you see what happens

[Edited on 20-11-2008 by Hammer]
SteveW

20th Nov 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i was at that one.. was awesome.. didnt see Gonzaga's kick coming, was totally out of the blue

I havnt seen many fights from Fedor.. just heard that he is meant to be the balls

Well im hoping that Fedor beats the hell out of Slyvia.. cos hes a trailer park goon lol

well he used to be like a bar fighter, just wilding swinging but he did tidy his game up a bit lately... still think hes a goon though
Hammer

20th Nov 08 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's fought him already it was a while ago.

He not so much beats the hell out of him than knocks him to the floor and chokes him out within seconds

It used to be on youtube but i cant find it
Hammer

20th Nov 08 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found it, it's half way down this page!

http://www.mmascraps.com/search/label/fedor%20emelianenko
JM Curdy

20th Nov 08 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=2509408&referralPlaylistId=playlist
SteveW

20th Nov 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those affliction events are getting bigger names coming to them now..

cant watch it now as im at work, but will have a peek when i get home.. cheers

You going to UFC 95 ??
JM Curdy

20th Nov 08 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul! badger
Hammer

20th Nov 08 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They reckon it might be Liddell v Silva, if I can get someone to go down with me, yes!
Hammer

21st Nov 08 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quote of the week from Hatton;

"Brock's a big bloke, isn't he?!! If you found him in bed with your girlfriend you'd tuck him in!"

RyanSxi

21st Nov 08 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's a lad is hatton

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Randy Couture v Brock Lesnar 23 database queries in 0.0159919 seconds