corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How do i change my bulb in my Registration light?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do i change my bulb in my Registration light?
hmfctal

User status: Offline
21st Nov 08 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know the wee cap below the rear registration.. well its not lighting up so i need to change the bulb. How do i get the cap off? Does it just prise off with a screwdriver or what? Thanks!
mattyross

21st Nov 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes. the rear numberplate lamp.
the clear plastic cover can be GENTLY prised upwards and outwards from the right hand (?) side with the aid of a generous flat-blade screwdriver.

there is a small tab on the lense, but be careful not to snap it- it shouldnlt require excessive force.
there is a black plastic cradle attatched to it that carries the bulb. the entire unit should lift out with ease.

hope this helps.

[Edited on 21-11-2008 by mattyross]
hmfctal

21st Nov 08 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And how easy is the bulb to remove? Pretty easy i gather? Do you know how much it is to replace one?
mattyross

21st Nov 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hmfctal
And how easy is the bulb to remove? Pretty easy i gather? Do you know how much it is to replace one?

the bulb is a standard bayonnet fixture, press and twist.
the bulb will cost a few pence, perhaps pound sterling.
hmfctal

21st Nov 08 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a look, not easy in the dark but im having trouble removing the actual bulb out of where it is situated, maybe im scared of breaking the glass of the bulb so the thing is stuck, but i cant figure out if it just pulls out, or if you twist it out, neither seem to work for me haha
mattyross

21st Nov 08 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hmfctal
Just had a look, not easy in the dark but im having trouble removing the actual bulb out of where it is situated, maybe im scared of breaking the glass of the bulb so the thing is stuck, but i cant figure out if it just pulls out, or if you twist it out, neither seem to work for me haha

don't worry about breaking the glass of the bulb.
i had the same problem when a bulb broke clean from it'd adhesive and left the metal bayonnet shell intact.
if that happens, use common sense. you may be able to remove it with your fingers- or use a sliced carrot stalk to push and twist.

push in with moderate force and twist the bulb fourty-five degrees or so, hopefully.

New Poll