corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Wanted » 4stud v6 brakes

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4stud v6 brakes
nossi_16v

User status: Offline
4th Dec 08 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any one selling complete 4 stud V6 brake set up, i.e discs, pads and callipers? cheers
luke85

4th Dec 08 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a set but was going to get them skimmed before sale. Where are you based because they are very heavy to post
nossi_16v

4th Dec 08 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hya mate im up in teesside near newcastle way, how come you where getting them skimmed like, are the discs fairly worn?
luke85

4th Dec 08 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really worn no, they came off the Carisma corsa a few years ago and are drilled and grooved. Just surface rust on them and a mate works in a machine shop so was going to do them for me. Newcastle is a bit far for pickup really but was wanting £100 for them
nossi_16v

4th Dec 08 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea it is a bit far shame realli, good price if they in good nick still specially if they are drilled and grooved as well, ill bare them in mind mate if none come up more local cheers
luke85

4th Dec 08 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries, just text my mate to get it sorted and have a new set of brake lines for them too. U2U me if you are interested because I dont check here all too often
nossi_16v

4th Dec 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will do mate ill let you know by the weekend, cheers
ckallis500

4th Dec 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the easiest way to do this is to buy a new set of discs already drilled to 4 stud and a set of spigot rings both from Chris Astley (£45 discs £15 spigots) then about £15 for new pads and go to local scrappy and any 5stud vectra will have the v6 brakes. you should get both calipers/carriers for about £25
luke85

4th Dec 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not all 5 stud vecras have the V6 brakes though, only the V6s did which is where they got their name I thought?
ckallis500

5th Dec 08 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, as i said in previous post. every single Vectra B which is 5 stud will have 288mm (v6) brakes. if your lucky you will come across a Vectra B 2.6 Gsi which will have 308mm brakes.

pretty much every scrap yard will have a 5stud vectra

the 4stud vectras are fitted with the 256mm ATE brakes (same as astra gsi 2ltr cav's ect )
C4RL0

5th Dec 08 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a full set up available. Grooved red dot discs, pads and callipers all from LMF. Complete with hubs and equal length shafts. Perfect for a conversion.

Wanting 200 for the lot.

[Edited on 05-12-2008 by C4RL0]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Wanted » 4stud v6 brakes 24 database queries in 0.0241451 seconds