corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » N95 8Gig finally gone up sh*t creek

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author N95 8Gig finally gone up sh*t creek
AdZ9

User status: Offline
14th Dec 08 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well today after its 12th month my N95 8Gig finally has broken, the slide screen is totally fucked doesn't slide up.

I need to take it in to the shop tomorrow, I have business insurance but apparently N95 8gb is discontinued, so what happens there? A mate who works for Voda said i'll get the N96 but not sure if he's winding me up or not, i still have 6 months left on my 18 month contract

Anyone know what i should expect?
paul.mitchell1984

14th Dec 08 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they either replace it with the same or the equivelant at the time, so maybe a recoditioned one or as ur mate says n96
AdZ9

14th Dec 08 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do i get to keep my sim card? Don't want to change numbers etc as i've just had business cards done etc, i'm backing my phone up now as they will obviously take mine

Wonder if i could ask to be upgraded contract, atm i'm on £35 a month with the insurance on top, i planned on upgrading to the Storm in June/July
AdZ9

15th Dec 08 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't even slide up this morning :-( well annoying as i didn't bring my spare phone with me, can answer calls but thats it
_Allan_

15th Dec 08 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just took my N95 to the Carphone Warehouse (Nokia service center) and they sent it to Nokia. I got a replacement phone after a couple of weeks as it couldn't be repaired. I was told it had a 2 year warranty. Didn't need to go through O2 or Dialaphone. (Online purchase).

[Edited on 15-12-2008 by _Allan_]
AdZ9

15th Dec 08 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to pop into the Vodafone branch near me at lunch and see what to do, i have a spare phone i can use for the time being but obviously need a new one pronto, just not sure what they're going to do as its discontinued, i don't really want a refurbed one as its not brand new then, but if i have to then its only 6 months till i can upgrade
_Allan_

15th Dec 08 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nokia will have stock though I'm sure. I was told the same with my N95 as the 8GB version was out. Bastards sent me a new N95 back
AdZ9

15th Dec 08 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow that was a waste of time, went into the store to ask what to do and the guy said "You need to ring 191 so that they can tell you to come and see us" bit pointless but looks like i'll have to ring them today.

He said i'd get a replacement instantly if they have it in stock
Icy

15th Dec 08 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine too, harddrive corrupted which wouldnt let me reformat so left itnow it resets itself every5secs not letting me anything. got it unlocked so doubt i can get it fixed under warranty tho i got insurance

New Poll