corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » rusty mc rust is dead.. Bring on the gls

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rusty mc rust is dead.. Bring on the gls
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
   16th Dec 08 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hay peeps well my xe'd gsi is dead.. Cars got so much rust its stupid and it will cost me a small fortune to fix and its mot and tax is up in feb.. So im scrapping the car.. Now im putting the engine and box into my gls 5dr should be a funny car.. Misses need's a 5dr and i want a faster car so think this is the best option..

Now all i got to do is get the engine out of the gsi and then rebuild it with the box aswell.. So thought i'd start a project on it to see how i go
adz_gsi

16th Dec 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool looking forward m8
Richardhhha

16th Dec 08 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im going to fully rebuild the engine...
i think im going to do it to a standard most people will think they will get it to but never manage...

kinda thinking

would look kinda amazing with all new bolts, powder coated block, tumble cleaned head, powder coated cam and timing cover and spark plug cover, gearbox would be all powder coated aswell. all new bearings, seals, everything... will look like a new engine when its done.. even if it means i have to make another wiring lomb or buy a brand new one... will be totaly mint condition... should expect it to take about a year..

oh and its all going into this

engine bay will be strengthened and sprayed again.. so it will look as new as is possable without buying everything brand new

[Edited on 16-12-2008 by Richardhhha]
.dean.

16th Dec 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put the gsi kit on the 5 door, will be cool or you going for a sleeper?
Richardhhha

16th Dec 08 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going for a total sleeper mate

got to put my white door on the car soon as i have had a rusty red one on there for about a year lol

i think bodywork wise all im going to do it well buger all... i have had a thought about putting a C20XE stencly on the tailgate like the old GTE's used to have

going to drop it a bit but nothing drastic as the misses will need to drive it aswell.. and she isnt going to slow down for speed bumps...

interior is going to stay the same....

i want people to pull up next to it think they are all big and bad in there little fiestas with there big exhausts and pumpin sounds (god i sounded chavy then) and whatch me blow them away lol
Richardhhha

16th Dec 08 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and anyone wanting a full GSi kit.. u2u me... £200 cant post
weerab

17th Dec 08 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

many miles is it from ml7 5ab mate central scotland mite know someone who would be interested in this kit
Richardhhha

17th Dec 08 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im just outside london mate so if your mate wants to travel he is more than welcom
Richardhhha

18th Dec 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i started hunting through my room the over day for some bits as i came across my white dial kit, my heater controll panel and my clocks that were done in carbon fiber vinal by dismos off here.. And i got a little delivery of strengthening plates today aswell now just need to get the engine out had to book a day with a mate and his engine crane.. Also got a couple of things being delivered tomorrow so will take picks soon..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » rusty mc rust is dead.. Bring on the gls 23 database queries in 0.0075860 seconds