corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » dans arden blue 1200. de-badged rear, more pics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dans arden blue 1200. de-badged rear, more pics
dsracing

User status: Offline
19th Dec 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all again. just an update on whats been going on, as some of you might know i posted a thread for a corolla rally build and the conversion of my corsa for track use.

well thanks to the people that run the world the corolla project is scrapped..(after buying a base car ggrr) and the corsa is serving as family car until the missus has passed her test and we get her a car so hopefully in the new year i should be contributing a nice little build thread.

unfortunantly business has been slow but i thought i would put a couple of pics on to show what ive been doing before closing early for xmas.

This is Acer Motorsports Ray GRS04 kent powered formula ford. the chassis has been freshly powdercoated and a new floor put on, as well as new paint work for the bodywork.

the dampers are off being modified to comply with regs (the external cylinder is removed and the valving chnged)

not yet received the engine and waiting on alot of parts (alot replaced due to an impressive fishtail into silverstone pit wall) so having to decipher the bird nest of engine, chassis and PI loom..thank god its a race loom.

all that the corsa has had done to it is de-stickered and a baby seat put in!will update on the corsa as and when business picks up and the other half has a car so i can concentrate on making a noisy, uncomfortable car for myself

cheers all (sorry for bad corsa pic)

[Edited on 21-12-2008 by dsracing]

[Edited on 23-12-2008 by dsracing]

[Edited on 24-12-2008 by dsracing]

[Edited on 28-12-2008 by dsracing]
Ste L

19th Dec 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

instead of posting a new topic each time you do something, why not just updat your original, thats the whole idea of the section
dsracing

19th Dec 08 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know but the other one just bangs on about alot of stuff which is irrelevant now and didnt wanna bore people with im gonna do this n that. just thought i'd take it from the top
dsracing

21st Dec 08 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a long day ahead looking after my daughter while the missus is at work so thought i'd post a few pics from how i got the corsa to how it is now...will take an uptodate pic later! just itching to pull it all apart, was a real pain when the rear interior n seats had to go back in. can't wait till the other half passes her test!!

This is how i bought her, £1000 off a fellow race bolty. 1.2 16v, immaculate condition body wise.

just waiting to test at snetterton

then some pikey kicked or did something to brake the standard v grill so imeshed it and took a put a badge from the rear boot handle on. Then sold the alloys, put the steeleys on, then got a puncture on the a1 while on the way toa job

then won a set of cali turbo wheels off the bay, put them on and decided it looked like a tractor

then had a budget in place to transform it into a track car so started stripping out the interior

then scraped the blackout paint from rear side windows..i didnt tint cos i didnt have time and was transporting a £15,000 engine!

i then won a cpl of these off the bay for 90 notes, will put them in in the new year cos i need access to baby seat in back

lastly got a set of spax 35mm springs on offer and fitted them. will get an uptodate pic as the one at the top is very bad quality

so more pics to come later and hopefully business will pic up soon, i think i want a x16xe on tb's but will be sorting braking and chassis out first.
dsracing

21st Dec 08 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are what i bought for 90 notes, incase you were wondering lol
dsracing

21st Dec 08 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had to pop to shop so took a couple of pics..didn't realise how dirty the poor old girl was!

[img]http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/8099/0092.jpg[/img]

will get on the case of de-badging it in the next cpl of days..and if she's good i'll wash her to

also got an xmas pressy early from my daughter which i thought was pretty cool...its a phone holder in case your wondering lol

will wash her and take a cpl of 'posey' pics in the next cpl of days
davieslim

21st Dec 08 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cally turbo wheels are 5 stud, wee cars looking ok when i get my opel badge for the rear of my corsa ill have a debadged front grill you can have for free if you want

david
sand-eel

21st Dec 08 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Formula ford cars are soooo easy to work on, i've whipped the gearbox off and put a new clutch in one in less than 2 hours.
dsracing

22nd Dec 08 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davieslim
cally turbo wheels are 5 stud, wee cars looking ok when i get my opel badge for the rear of my corsa ill have a debadged front grill you can have for free if you want

david

yeah that'd be pretty cool, i'll pay your pnp or summat
dsracing

22nd Dec 08 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah fford are a dream to work on, once had a joey put a wrong gear in and had to strip the box and put an entire set of new gears in 5 minutes before the race in the collecting area! but my favourite is working on f3, the dallara i ran was so easy..much prefer to fford because its tub-engine-box and no spaceframe to keep clean lol
dsracing

22nd Dec 08 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o yeah good effort, i meant cav wheels not cali
dsracing

23rd Dec 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

branching out the business

http://dsrtrackdayservice.synthasite.com
Ste L

23rd Dec 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dsracing
o yeah good effort, i meant cav wheels not cali

cav turbo wheels are 5 stud too..

they are just normal cavalier 15" wheels
dsracing

23rd Dec 08 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah , point taken, hopefully wont be there for too long.. will be replacing with comp mo's asap then keep these for spare, i like them but are bloudy heavy!
dsracing

24th Dec 08 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just an enquiry as im still fairly new to the corsa world..does anybody if there is any body who makes tb kits for the x12xe, maby dbilas or someone similar? and has anybody used them in conjunction with fast road cams? what power gains were seen? cheers for any help, have a customer who wants to build a perofrmance x12xe for a project in a buggy or something. ta guys.
dsracing

24th Dec 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just took the car for a quick session down the local car wash, thought i'd take a cpl of pics so i can remember what colour it is for the future

will de-badge it after xmas, also really want a set of white comp mo's...but in the mean time i might spray these white, anybody done this..how do they look?
also as i posted earlier ive had a customer want to tune a x12xe so i think i will see how he does and what gains her gets...maybe if its sucessful i might follow...think it'd be pretty cool to have a tuned lil 1200 teehee.
dsracing

24th Dec 08 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also have to see how another set of wheels is gonna look, i think the front needs dropping more.
dsracing

28th Dec 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got bored today so decided to de-badge the boot and give her a wash, also sold me cobra clubmans seats.

[img]http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/8099/0053.jpg[/img]

sorry about the quality, i can't afford a digi cam at the mo.

also thinkin that soon im gonna have to get summat with 5 doors. so might be joining the 'euro 5 door' boys lol. thinkin white 5 door, 13" split rims, slammed and chequred bonnet etc. just a thought.
dsracing

28th Dec 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and this pic

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » dans arden blue 1200. de-badged rear, more pics 23 database queries in 0.0162170 seconds