corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » advice needed..?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advice needed..?
Gunny-Corsa-Sport

User status: Offline
7th Jan 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right.. a swopped my headlight bulbs with my cousin which hes got a pug 106 diesel.. anyway the wiring on the headlights is fucked made a ryt tit of a job whoeva had car b4 me like the wires from the lights are like joined wi tape if u get me lol anyway i changed them and noticed the dash lights was quite dim compared to normal so didnt fink nothing of it then on way home went to indicate and the green light which flashes when indincating stopped on green instead of flashing then coupl eof mins later the engine cut out battery gone but while i was sat in car waitin for getting jumped i turned lights on and evrything was bright again but when got started agen same was dim again then run car for about 10 mins with evryfing dim and turned engine off again nothing there battry dead.just anyone no what the problem could be just find it strange that only done it after a changed bulbs battry was fine b4 i changed bulbs
maxx16v

7th Jan 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think u have goosed yer alternator !
Gunny-Corsa-Sport

7th Jan 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much u talking for 1 on corsa
maxx16v

7th Jan 09 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had same problem on my 1.5td corsa and that cost me cough cough......
AcidK1

7th Jan 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scrap yard, even if you just get it to try for a couple days to make sure it is that before givin over however much, car dismantlers are the best to go to
john_c20xe

7th Jan 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be ohnest i wouldnt bover with an alternator from scrapys ya just wasting ya time unless your lucky and you get one that works,
take yours too a place that reconditons alternators and started motors fink it costs about 35 to 40 quid
johnhara1

8th Jan 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autofactors is gna cost you around £90 for an alternator and they'll knock £15 off if you take them your old one.
C2RL R

8th Jan 09 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a shitter when you get a car that some dodgy fucker has owned before. people who don't have a clue about wiring should leave well alone. my ex's first car was the same. the lad that had it before had botched allsorts and pretty much every visible wire had been cut and jointed by twisting the wires and wrapping them with tape. it was masking tape in places too.

New Poll