corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Adjusting Brake Servo Valve

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Adjusting Brake Servo Valve
swill_omnibus

User status: Offline
10th Jan 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

the back end of my car is fully striped.

And if i have to break very heavy (emergency stop eg) then the back end tends to weave out. Though it doesn't always do this.

But my thoughts is that the servo valve may need adjusting to accept the less weight?

Any input anyone?
barneykarl

10th Jan 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go out with a fat bird and make her sit in the back or adjust the spring tension I suppose.
swill_omnibus

10th Jan 09 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At fat bird!

Which way should it be adjusted clock-wise or anti-clockwise?

Should it be made looser or tightened?
barneykarl

10th Jan 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the car lowered ? if yes then you adjust the spring to be looser, but as you have stripped it out to be lighter then I,m not sure so you will have to experiment or someone might know for sure ,mines lowered but I did not need to adjust it. plonker me just looked at you car nice , so lower but also lighter a contradiction to what way to adjust.

[Edited on 10-01-2009 by barneykarl]
swill_omnibus

10th Jan 09 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm yea is a confusing one aint it lol

I'll have abit of experimenting when i get the chance but not going to do anything yet but soon!

Cheers for the info though

New Poll