corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ouija Boards

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ouija Boards
K2 GTi

User status: Offline
13th Jan 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tempted?

Heard all kinds of stories..

Anyone done it before? Or know anyone that has? I think i'd shit myself, just want to see if it is real, as I could then see for myself.

Brett
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Real? ok

u2u Derrick Acorah, he's done them.
K2 GTi

13th Jan 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you done one brett?
C2RL R

13th Jan 09 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd do it but don't know anyone else who would. my mum said they did one when they were at school. it freaked her out and she won't talk about it so i've no idea what apparently happened. i'm a bit sceptical about it tbh.
K2 GTi

13th Jan 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my mum was telling me there was a monkey on a curtain rail, which went all around the room, apparently the monkey teddy was spinning around quite fast... I dont think she'd lie to me to be honest but she did say stay away...
Brett
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny how it's always mums & dads with these stories. I bet they're 30yrs your seniors too. That's how they entertained themselves in those days. I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Only other explanation is that it was around the LSD era.

It's bullshit either way.
K2 GTi

13th Jan 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah suppose.

Just waiting for someone to say they've done one and seen some shit
C2RL R

13th Jan 09 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even if i found some other people that were up for it i wouldn't be able to. i've no idea what you are supposed to do. is there some kind of ritual you have to follow?
Brett
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll do it

I'll be the one who's moving it and fucking with your head too

There's always someone in control.
K2 GTi

13th Jan 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google Ouija Board making... its fairly simple.. someone give it a go and let me know the outcome
Brett
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll do one tonight with the Mrs and kid 'n let you know how utterly shite it was

I'll keep these guys on speed-dial

Kevxx

13th Jan 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd do it , as it's been said what a crock, heard stories of people having stuff happen, but they are look half daft, never mind the story
Tiger

13th Jan 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The government have refused to even test them to prove either way so I reckon there must be something that we dont know about them.
Dom

13th Jan 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a load of bollocks, it works by ideomotor movement, basically involuntary muscular movement
Tiger

13th Jan 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do muscles know what to spell though?
K2 GTi

13th Jan 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so your muscles can move something at the otehr end of the room?
John

13th Jan 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiger you have some excellent views on the world.

Derren Brown has shown it's all a farce.
C2RL R

13th Jan 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I'll be the one who's moving it and fucking with your head too

There's always someone in control.

my thoughts exactly. if every member of the group swears blind that they didn't push the marker then at least one of them is a lying cunt.
Tiger

13th Jan 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if Derren Brown says its a farce, then its got to be
Hammer

13th Jan 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiger: Hates the UK, thinks the earth is hollow.

Derren Brown: Psychological illusionist, expert in mind control.

I'm hedging my bets on this one Tiger mate
Tiger

13th Jan 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gas? It'll never replace coal.

What? Man going to the moon? Don't be so daft........

History has proved many things.
Dom

13th Jan 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
so your muscles can move something at the otehr end of the room?

Do you know how a ouija board is suppose to work? Clearly not if you believe you move the glass with comic superhero style powers

With everyone lightly touching the glass (or what ever) someone will be pushing it slightly unknowingly.

Tiger - There's been more research into ideomotor movement than what Derren Brown has stated in his book. Eitherway you believe what you want, but i edge my bets with science.

[Edited on 13-01-2009 by Dom]
Whittie

13th Jan 09 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a great laugh when you're pissed tbh
Kevxx

13th Jan 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scientific explanation

Users subconsciously direct the path of the triangle to produce a word that is in that person's subconscious thought process. This subconscious behavior is known as ideomotor action, a term coined by William Carpenter in 1882. It is also known as automatism.[5] Some people may be convinced that the "powers" of the ouija board are real because they are unaware that they are in fact moving the piece and therefore assume that the piece must be moving due to some other "spiritual force". The subconscious thought process may produce an answer that is different from what the user expected in their conscious thought process—thus perpetuating the idea that the board has "mystical powers". Penn & Teller: Bullshit! episode on Ouija Boards, ran an experiment using unbiased participants. Questions were being asked to the late William Frawley with very strong answers. The participants were then blindfolded and the board was turned 180 degrees without their knowledge. With continued questioning, the planchette then traveled to bare areas of the board where the participants believed the "Yes" and "No" marks were located.

Spiritualist explanation

Spiritualists who believe Ouija boards can be used to make actual contact with the spirit world feel that the act of hindering a medium’s ability to use his or her own eyes while the board is in use effectively places too great of a handicap on the whole exercise. This argument stems from the belief that contacted spirits actually utilize the eyes of the medium during a Ouija session in order to point to the letters and words needed to form a message. Most believers of this notion believe that the board has no intrinsic power in and of itself, but rather, is used simply as a tool to aid a medium while in communication with the spirit world.

Skeptical explanation

A sceptical view of the Ouija board is that it is frequently used as a prank game by persons who are fully conscious that they are guiding the planchette. Considering that the boards are sold by a game company, and are widely used by children, they can be used in a game similar to the popular "snipe hunt" trick, in which one or more participants are in on the joke, and at least one participant is not. When one or more players deliberately but discreetly moves the planchette, it is indistinguishable (to other players) from the sensation of the planchette "moving on its own". Players moving the planchette may either maintain a deadpan expression, or act out shock and surprise. Players who are fooled but eventually figure out what happened, can go on to become one of the pranksters in a future session with other new players.

thats from Wiki, but either way science wins not some idiot who doesn't believe facts.

[Edited on 13-01-2009 by Kevxx]
Hammer

13th Jan 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Gas? It'll never replace coal.

What? Man going to the moon? Don't be so daft........

History has proved many things.

So Derren Brown is being naive and ouija boards will provide a method of communication to the afterlife in years to come?

The evolotion of fuel and space travel is slightly different to a couple of emos with a bit of card and an upturned pint glass

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ouija Boards 22 database queries in 0.0218358 seconds