corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » help with taking photos in low light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with taking photos in low light
mwg

User status: Offline
14th Jan 09 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took some pics yesterday morning of a site I was visiting at about half 8. It seemed reasonably light to me but the flash was going off.
I took some pics with the flash on and a pic with the flash off

Flash on

Flash off

Flash on

Flash off

The pics with the flash on are too dark. The ones with the flash off are much more like the light levels at the time but they come out a bit blurred.

Is there a setting or something I need to change to get the light like with the flash off but not blurred? Camera is just a Casio EX-510 that I only just got recently.

Hope that makes sense. Cheers.
John

14th Jan 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When it's firing the flash it's setting the exposure up for the scene being lit by flash, which it won't if it's not something very close to you.

With a camera like that the only real way to get it sharp is to put the camera down on a solid surface/tripod.
Scotty_B

14th Jan 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tripod and self timer.
mwg

14th Jan 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was hoping there was some settings I could change as I have everything set to auto at the moment but I might have to get a small tripod for it then. Thanks.
Scotty_B

14th Jan 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing I would say is large aperture and high ISO but seeing as you camera is on AUto it should select these if conditions are dark.

A cheap £10 tripod would be ideal.
Simon

14th Jan 09 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
The only thing I would say is large aperture and high ISO

Have a look and see if camera has these options before buying a tripod. Most compacts will fire the flash automatically before upping iso
Scotty_B

15th Jan 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
The only thing I would say is large aperture and high ISO

Have a look and see if camera has these options before buying a tripod. Most compacts will fire the flash automatically before upping iso

True but High ISO on a compact is usually horrendous.
mwg

14th Feb 09 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found that adjusting the ISO manually and turning the flash off is much much better than leaving it on Auto. Get a nice clear picture that way

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » help with taking photos in low light 23 database queries in 0.0101740 seconds