corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Plumbing, self cutting valves, any plumbers on here

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plumbing, self cutting valves, any plumbers on here
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
19th Jan 09 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asked a question about an outside tap a little while ago, and i have decided to fit a proper copper pipe system instead of using one of those tap kits.

It will only be used for my pressure washer really.

Im looking at still using a self cutting valve for the t-piece coming off the mains pipe (due to the placement of the pipes)

Ive seen one that self cuts and allows a 15mm copper pipe to fit straight into it, the only thing is the self cutting valve has what appears to be a 6mm whole in it, so from the 15mm mains it will go through this 6mm hole to the new 15mm outside tap system.

Does anyone know if this will alter the water pressure/flow at all.
mattk

19th Jan 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be fine, the holes in most isolation valves are less than 6mm, as long as its not a run of pipe thats narrow you will be ok
mattk

19th Jan 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your that bothered about it only having a small bore, turn the water off and stick a 15mm compression tee in so you dont have to do any soldering
Bullet Proof SRi

20th Jan 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the reason for the self cutting valve, its such an awkward area with little movement on the pipes im not sure i could slide a T-piece on. I just dont want the pressure and flow to change as its for my pressure washer

New Poll