corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20xe corsa v6 brakes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20xe corsa v6 brakes
20XE_CORSA

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have almost completed my 20xe corsa build just got a few questions about the brake set up.

Have recently purchased some v6 calipers for it and pretty sure they are Omega jobbies, just wondering if they fit sraight on to the corsas hub carriers?

What disk size do I need to run these and do they require spiggot rings?

The calipers also came with fairly new pads but no pad retaining clips. does these have them as I was told not?

Any help much appreciated
adz_gsi

22nd Jan 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure but id prefer calibra ones 284 mm you'll need v6 caries too iirc
mm8
alan-g-w

22nd Jan 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're easy to fit, took me just a few hours even after hitting a couple of snags.

As said, you'll need V6 caliper carriers - if you've not got them put up a wanted ad and I'm sure you'll get something sorted. They need 288mm discs off a calibra or cav V6 (as their name suggests), then the discs will need re-drilling from the 5 stud pattern to the corsa's 4 stud.

They're a straight fit with the carriers and much better standard than the usual 2.0 brakes imo. I'm running standard discs with Mintex pads and it stops pretty well. Braided brakes hoses are recommened as well, the pedal can go a little softer with the bigger calipers.
20XE_CORSA

23rd Jan 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice 1 mate, but thought the Omega discs where something like 296mm, in this case would the 288mm ones you suggest be ok to use with the Omega calipers

Carriers came with the calipers so thats all good

New Poll