corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anybody ever had details stolen?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anybody ever had details stolen?
DC90

User status: Offline
26th Jan 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good mate of mine had his ebay account and paypal hacked. The bloke bought a fair few things including a $2,000 guitar. The idiot put his name and address to send the items to (The lad is from Croatia). So now my mate has where his name along with his address haha..What a numpty.

Anybody else had similar experiences? How did they turn out?
John

26th Jan 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless he's booked a flight to croatia having the name and address isn't any good is it.
mattk

26th Jan 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some paki, Abdabbah somone or other hacked my Paypal about a year ago, he was taking odd little amounts like £2.32 £3.44 highest was about £4 one day a week, I noticed about 5 or 6 weeks later when I looked at a bank statement out of the blue

said on the statement, the fellas name and (paypal) next to it
sumner2k3

26th Jan 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i lost my wallet once, about a year ago with my bank card and driving licence and few other things in there and who ever found it tried getting a car on finance in my name with all my details, somehow £150 came out of my account but that was after i canceled my card so the bank sent me a letter asking was it me who made the payment and if it wasnt they would cancel it..was up in england somewhere, im from south wales
RCS

26th Jan 09 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Some paki, Abdabbah somone or other hacked my Paypal about a year ago, he was taking odd little amounts like £2.32 £3.44 highest was about £4 one day a week, I noticed about 5 or 6 weeks later when I looked at a bank statement out of the blue

said on the statement, the fellas name and (paypal) next to it

That'll be Abdabbah that now lives in a mansion in India
DC90

27th Jan 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Unless he's booked a flight to croatia having the name and address isn't any good is it.

Could nothing be done if police were involved then? (I have no clue about these things)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anybody ever had details stolen? 22 database queries in 0.0093811 seconds