corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » turbo kit help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author turbo kit help
neilb1

User status: Offline
27th Jan 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys right ive just bought off Scott beck on here a turbo and polished head for me x14xe engine. Ive decided to put a gsi bottom end on so am asking if any one has one and any help of what i will need to set my turbo up will be much appreciated. with the bottom end would i need the ecu for a gsi and wiring loom cheers.
luke85

27th Jan 09 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your going to need new management mate, the GSi setup wont work unless you use very low boost. Whats the spec of the turbo?
neilb1

27th Jan 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill find out as in back of car at mo can i not chuck it all in fuel pressure reg and the c20xe injectors then get it mapped it will need setting up after that just going to get pistons machined so they can go in easier and cheaper
dean101287

27th Jan 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to do this. Had all the stuff and spare cash to do it properly. Then bought a house and went on holiday so had to sell all the 'fun' parts I had for the corsa. If you've got a big wallet then you should be fine. Otherwise I wouldnt waste your time.
neilb1

28th Jan 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bothered about the price to do im doing a v6 2.5 in another corsa that ive just bought just need help and what i need dont wanna fuck it up and i want to try to do it myself. then i can turn around and say i did that
luke85

28th Jan 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cannot map the ECU to take account of the turbo though, you might be better off going for a C16XE management system because that uses an AFM and will cope with the increased airflow better than using a MAP sensor like on the X16XE, although this is just in theory.

Its a cool project and Im not slating you for doing it but whats the info on the turbo? how much boost do you want? what kind of power?

Edit: spelling

[Edited on 28-01-2009 by luke85]
dalejones

28th Jan 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know where i can get a turbo kit from and how much am i lookin??
neilb1

29th Jan 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill get info soon its on me floor in bed room lol just cant be assed at mo ill get me ported head on first lol
neilb1

3rd Feb 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a ihi turbo
turbo spec vj 9 8902
neilb1

3rd Feb 09 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt

New Poll