corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Where is the bleeder valve?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where is the bleeder valve?
hmfctal

User status: Offline
28th Jan 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where is the valve to let air out the cooling system on a corsa? i heard theres prob an air lock in my heater matrix. Changed the thermostat. Can see air bubbles in the system. Any idea where the valve(s) are?
Ellis

28th Jan 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the cap of the expansion bottle and run it up until it boils over slightly, that should get rid of the air lock
Simon_16v

28th Jan 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coolant cap off, leave engine running until the fan kicks in but put your heaters on hot and as fast as they go.

When the heaters get hot the airlock should have gone
hmfctal

28th Jan 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The heaters don't get hot. Thats my problem. Tried all that cap off stuff. Ive been searching google and said airlock in heater matrix, needing to find the bleeder valve, or take pipes off to let it out.
barneykarl

29th Jan 09 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of these heater not working/ suspected air locks lately, as far as I know there is no bleeder valve, its just trial and error and drain the system and start again.

New Poll