corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » [Serious day] Can you check over my complaint letter? To BT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [Serious day] Can you check over my complaint letter? To BT
dannymccann

User status: Offline
30th Jan 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not looking for sarky comments, this is a genuine letter of complaint and so would just like some opinions on what I could put better, or if anyone has any experience of writing a successful complaints letter.

Thanks

quote:
Dear Customer Service Manager,
I am writing today to express my grievance with my current service plan with BT. Having been a loyal customer since August 2007, and after choosing BT over Virgin, it saddens me to learn I have been mislead by a member of your call centre staff.

During May 2008, I called your ‘Home Move’ customer service centre, and after being put through to a seemingly helpful person, everything was sorted, or so I thought. It was explained to me that by changing my telephone line to a new address, I would be entering a new 12 month contract at a certain rate per month. This is fine, and understandable.

I made certain I also asked about the contract for my Broadband package that I also have with you. I wanted to make sure the original 18 month contract (running until January 2009) would not change, to give me the flexibility of choice after the original term was spent. I was assured, several times and in no uncertain terms, that my original broadband contract would be unaffected by my home move, and that my contract would change to a rolling one at the end of January 2009. Calling your customer service centre today, however, and a different story has emerged.

I have been informed that when my telephone line changed address and renewed the contract, so did my broadband (note above where I was told by a BT representative that this would not occur, of which I asked several times to make certain). If I wished to cancel today, I have been told the total cost to myself would be £257 (I don’t know if this even includes VAT?).

A breakdown of the cost –

Telephone line – Cancellation charge £44 + £46 line rental
Broadband – Cancellation charge £45 + £122 line rental

As you can imagine, this came as quite a shock to me. As explained above, I understand the line rental charge for the telephone line (the exorbitant cancellation charge is another issue), I am however particularly angry about the fees I will incur for the cancellation of a broadband contract which should be spent in the next few days, especially considering the poor service I do actually get from my broadband!

I do not feel I should be punished for being told incorrect information by a member of BT staff, yet if I was to cancel my subscription to BT and move to a faster, more inclusive and overall cheaper member of the competition I would be, to the tune of £257.

I am interested to read what BT would like to do to help resolve this issue. I have yet to consult my local Citizens Advice Bureau nor visit Trading Standards, however, should the response I receive from BT be unsatisfactory in my eyes I will press forward with my enquiries.

Yours Sincerely

Daniel McCann

Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate I had the EXACT same issue as you, I phoned up and squeeled a bit and the cancellation fee was refunded

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems fine to me.

Send it signed for as well
dannymccann

30th Jan 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea will be sent Recorded, then I know theyve got it.

Do I need to ask for something concrete or should I leave it ambiguous at the end?
dannymccann

30th Jan 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Mate I had the EXACT same issue as you, I phoned up and squeeled a bit and the cancellation fee was refunded

The bloke wasnt having any of it this morning, I stayed perfectly calm as well, and he wasnt budging, then again he really didnt sound arsed
gianluigi

30th Jan 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they wont reply. ive sent 2 letters (about a year ago) and not heard anything, even though they say they'll get back to you within a week.

even got the email address of a company director, who i'll be emailing again soon, he passed the matter to the higher complaints dept and i've still heard nothing.
dannymccann

30th Jan 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said in the letter if I dont actually get a response at all Ill just go further, like CAB or TS (or equivalent, whoever i need to see) and go from there
Sam
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
The bloke wasnt having any of it this morning, I stayed perfectly calm as well, and he wasnt budging, then again he really didnt sound arsed

Ask for his supervisor?
dannymccann

30th Jan 09 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont really do complaints over the phone, I prefer everything in writing, that way one party cant say 'Never said that'. Just wish I had gotten the problem in the original letter confirmed in writing

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » [Serious day] Can you check over my complaint letter? To BT 23 database queries in 0.0114131 seconds