corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Poxy roads...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Poxy roads...
Mattb

User status: Offline
9th Feb 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a happy boy.. driving along coming home from work and hit possibly the deepest pothole ever.. great i thought as my steering went heavy and the car started pulling left..

Get out and yep flat tyre

Went to change over to my spare.. no fnarging locking wheel bolt key! Aghhh.. gonna have to crawl to my old work at chalfont tommorow morning and use their kit and swap over the wheel..

pretty annoyed to be honest.. thiniking of writing a letter to the council and try and make them pay for any damage... anyone had any success in doing this?
Gareth F

9th Feb 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hit a big fucker in mine the other week, had new tires put on to find a nice flat spot
Britains roads are shite ...... end.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

9th Feb 09 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a pic ASAP. The amount of times I've heard of this happening then they go back the next day and it's been filled in is unbelievable.

Quite a few have been paid out tho, just need a few pics of the pothole and the damage
lwigmore

9th Feb 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh Shaun (shaunmods) hit a massive pothole in his corsa which wrecked his tyre and speedline alloy then he sued the council for the damages and they paid up for it all i think??
Tommy L

9th Feb 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a pic of the pothole with todays newspaper in the pic.
GTM

9th Feb 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Get a pic ASAP. The amount of times I've heard of this happening then they go back the next day and it's been filled in is unbelievable.

Quite a few have been paid out tho, just need a few pics of the pothole and the damage

I was gona say get a pic asap. bloke i know hit a pothole in his standard ride height car and it was that deep it cracked half the bumper! He took a picture the same day got in touch and recieved some money towards fixing the car.
shaunmods
Premium Member

9th Feb 09 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lwigmore
Yeh Shaun (shaunmods) hit a massive pothole in his corsa which wrecked his tyre and speedline alloy then he sued the council for the damages and they paid up for it all i think??

Claims still going through at the minute. Can take up to 3 months apparently

But get a picture asap! I waited till the next morning and the hole was gone
lwigmore

9th Feb 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:

trying to COVER there tracks are they shaun
Mattb

9th Feb 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its encouraging to hear that people have had success in claiming for the damage

Gonna be an arse getting to work tommorow for me.. supposed to be in london for 8am... not going to happen i think
ed

9th Feb 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pot holes round our way are crazy aren't they Matt! In fact, the roads in general are pretty crappy, they are so bumpy and cracked up
3lfz

9th Feb 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spend more time looking at the road right infront of me dodging the holes rather than where im actually going lol.
Paul_J

10th Feb 09 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may do this and try to get some coil overs for my 106?

Is this wrong
AndyCorsaSport

10th Feb 09 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:

3 months?? Having a laugh aint ya, i hit a pot hole on 20th july 2008, still havent heard nothing about it!! Council are a fucking joke, i keep ringing every week to get an update on it, its now being dealt with by Zurich insurance. One i hit was huge though, was 2 and a half feet by 1 foot, and 4 inches deep burst my tyre and buckled the alloy, had only had the car a month too
AndyCorsaSport

10th Feb 09 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I may do this and try to get some coil overs for my 106?

Is this wrong

No mate, as long as it works, i work at a garage, and when i hit the one i hit, got a repair quote of just short of £700, for full new set of wheels and tyres, suspension strut and wheel alignment
Colin

10th Feb 09 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
thiniking of writing a letter to the council and try and make them pay for any damage... anyone had any success in doing this?

Aye - it was alot of hassle & wait for £90 though!!

You need photos of the damage, of the pot hole, you need a form from the council & then 6 months or so you might hear from them.
Richardhhha

10th Feb 09 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate said his friend ended up hittin a pot hole and shearing the wheel clean off. took picks and contacted local council about the damages as the car needed some £££ spending on it to fix the bugger. to find that the councle filled the hole that night and tryed to blag it off as they much of hit a curb and damaged the car that way. pictures are your proof
Anty
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 02:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah done that twice, catshill and hinlip area. worcestershire.. can i claim for damages?
Toby
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you take some sort of measurement and take a pcture of this i.e. a tape measure measuring the depth of the hole. My friend bust his ankle and the council said the pot hole needed to be over 1.5inchs deep (bull shit or not), which it was more like three but they said the picture alone wasnt enough to determine how deep it was
Sam
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anty
yeah done that twice, catshill and hinlip area. worcestershire.. can i claim for damages?

Most roads in Worcs are shit TBH
myke

10th Feb 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a mille miglia on my green corsa and put in a claimm with the council but they rubbished it and refused to give.
under the grounds that this was the first they had heard about the hole or something. If they had known about it more than 24 hours and it hadn't been fixed then they would pay out, but not if they hadn't already known about it for a whole day.

On another note; what's the new job Matt?
nathy_87

10th Feb 09 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Waste of time paying road tax imo.
ed

10th Feb 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a bit of a statement.
leon.

10th Feb 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the topic of pot holes and bastard councils, If they were as quick as they are to clamp a car that doesnt have tax as they are fixing pot holes none of us would have any damage to our cars.

[Edited on 10-02-2009 by leon.]
Mattb

10th Feb 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
On another note; what's the new job Matt?

Working for Citygate again! but im now at the colindale branch in london

sweet deal tho, 10 hour day, 4 days a week.. days off get rota'd so every 5 weeks i get a friday followed by a monday off

With regards the pot hole.. filled over this afternoon, but i got pics this morning.. My mrs boss's car got written off in the same hole.. apparently 30+ cars were damaged by it
ed

10th Feb 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised they fixed it that quickly There are ones near the farm that my car runs aground on if I'm not careful

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Poxy roads... 22 database queries in 0.3984890 seconds