corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has anyone ever

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has anyone ever
corsa - gus

User status: Offline
10th Feb 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been Knocked unconcious? Strange question really, just I got knocked out on Saturday at Thai boxing, it felt really strange, really hard to describe how I felt afterwards. Just wondering if anyone else has been knocked out and if they have how it happened.

Mine was quite a stupid one really, I have been training with a mate of mine who competes in Thai Boxing. I'm just in it for the training but on sat after a gym session I gave in and got in the ring to spar with my mate( I have done this before but have always been padded up, this meaning I don't dish out any wild blows ) We were just arseing around really, and I was starting to get a little bit over confident then the next thing I can remember was coming round on the mat I had bee nblocking kicks pretty easily but hadn't seen this one coming and took a hard kick right in the chin!!! I wasn't out for very long, but when I came round I can remember seeing and hearing people but couldn't move or speak, almost like when you have a dream that you can't scream. It was strange, needless to say I'm not getting back in the ring without getting padded up
smack

10th Feb 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never been nocked out, but been nocked down several times wile sparring. get the weird slomotion head feeling.
eddiewhiteley

10th Feb 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i was 4 i was attacked by a st bernard dog, and cracked my head really hard on the pavement and was unconscious for a while. 3 days in hospital for me, and the dog was destroyed.
corsa - gus

10th Feb 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eddiewhiteley
when i was 4 i was attacked by a st bernard dog, and cracked my head really hard on the pavement and was unconscious for a while. 3 days in hospital for me, and the dog was destroyed.

Thats pretty brutal Think my gf might destroy my mate tbh Missed a dinner date on sat night because of it, so technically worked out pretty well
corsa - gus

10th Feb 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
never been nocked out, but been nocked down several times wile sparring. get the weird slomotion head feeling.

Yeh, thats what it was like, but I just couldn't move. It felt like I was like that for ages. I was kinda scared, I have always been apprehensive about getting in the ring incase I got hurt, total pussy don't think I will ever get in with out the pads on again
Carl

10th Feb 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used my face for a brake once while going down some hills on my mountainbike on an old pit stack nearby. I woke up in the hospital not knowing where I was, with half my face graized off and all stones and grit in it.I came around on the pit apparently because my best mate was kicking off as I was drinking his pop from his bike bottle (not sure if i remember that a bit or just know as i've been told by him.)

Concussion is the worst, ever had that where your vision totally fucks up and you end up being sick? I once got tackled at football, hit my elbow into the ground which knocked my shoulder and head together. I can remember telling the PE teacher I couldn't see properly and him telling me to carry on. Face's were pink but with no detail on them x2, was horrid.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

10th Feb 09 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been knocked out but I accidentally knocked a lad out in school

I turned around quick and this lad was legging it just behind me, heads collided, I went a bit dizzy then when I got my bearings again found him out cold on the floor Luckily he was only out for about 30 seconds and he was fine after 5 mins
Hammer

10th Feb 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nup it's usually me doing the knocking out

Is it fuck, never been so much as slapped in my life I was too quick when I was younger and I'm too smart now I'm older
Colin

10th Feb 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never been knocked out, never fainted either.
LeahWGA

10th Feb 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fell off my pony when we were jumping over a fence, and she tripped on the poles and i fell of and landed on my head.. was only out for 5mins but it was the weirdest feeling ever when i came round!
mark_gsi

10th Feb 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i passed out after i got kicked in the hand once and was leaning on top of my mates car in the petrol station. next thing i woke up lookin at the roof with people stood over me lol.
Matt L

10th Feb 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
never been knocked out, never fainted either.

same here .

carl: sorry but i lolled at the first sentence (know it must of been painful, but i think its the way you wrote it )
Ben G

10th Feb 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

killed, not destroyed.

you wouldn't destroy a human would you

i know it's the technical term but they are living things, just like us.
C2RL R

10th Feb 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i've been knocked out twice. one was when i was 16 and was calling at my ex's. walked down the side path as normal then WHACK! her younger brother was practising his golf swing so when i got round the corner i walked onto the end of a 6 iron. was a very strange feeling that i can't compare to anything else really.
the other time i got jumped by a couple of lads on my way home. managed to adopt the hedgehog position but a few kicks got through and i woke up in an ambulance with not much idea what was happening.
Hammer

10th Feb 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
managed to adopt the hedgehog position

Ahhhh the good old tuck and roll maneuver, or if you're feeling adventurous you can always go for the tuck, roll and kick.
eddiewhiteley

10th Feb 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

killed, not destroyed.

you wouldn't destroy a human would you

i know it's the technical term but they are living things, just like us.

sorry
_Allan_

10th Feb 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not personally but seen a funny knockout while out on town one night.

Basically some lad and all his mates given one lad some shit and trying to start a fight. Now the loudmouth must of been confident with all his mates around him but what he didn't see is this lad had just finished a phone call and was with a much bigger group that emerged from around the corner . Most of loudmouth's mates ran off and the lad who was being picked on punched and knocked out the loudmouth with a single dig.

Not only was that funny but after a few seconds on the deck, loudmouth then proceeded to piss himself

I havn't laughed that much in a long time and almost did the same
C2RL R

10th Feb 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
managed to adopt the hedgehog position

Ahhhh the good old tuck and roll maneuver, or if you're feeling adventurous you can always go for the tuck, roll and kick.

yeah but then you need to keep an eye on the target otherwise you resemble a spacker having a fit, wildly kicking out at something that aint there!
J da Silva

10th Feb 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, twice, first time I don't remember anything, I was 16 and got into a brawl with a few kids from the next town to where I grew up and I was doing alright, but we wrestled to the floor and apparently my head just bounced off the kerb, second time was playing football, went up for a header and clashed with the other teams defenders head, both knocked clean out, right mess.
It just felt like I blinked really, unlike falling asleep you can tell roughly how long you've been asleep can't you?

[Edited on 10-02-2009 by J da Silva]

[Edited on 11-02-2009 by J da Silva]
corsa - gus

11th Feb 09 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Nup it's usually me doing the knocking out

Is it fuck, never been so much as slapped in my life I was too quick when I was younger and I'm too smart now I'm older

What mean streets of Glasgow did you grow up on mate? Just so I can make some wild assumptions as to whether you are joking in the above or are being deadly serious
J da Silva

11th Feb 09 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Them Glaswegian puffs wouldn't last 2 minutes in SP.
Jenko_Sport

11th Feb 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive knocked myself out back in my downhill mountain bike racing days. Ran wide on a corner and hit a very very solid gate post. Woke up a few minutes later with paramedics around me, hald my full face helmit missing, a broken jaw and colar bone.

Cant realy remember the incident or the following few hours after haha.
Neo

11th Feb 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knocked out in rugby about 5 years back

When i started kick boxing always used to take a nasty blows and feet to the head
Saralo

11th Feb 09 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't take well to like blood at all so when i were 17 i think, i cut my finger went into shock (My brain goes into overtime and i start thinking a doctors gonna chop my hand off lol) and somehow went unconcious dunno how it happened but anyway i just felt dead dazed and i could hear someone calling sara but all i could see was like a blur and just this really bright light

I just felt reyt mellow
22B

11th Feb 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been knocked out many a time in my youth, falling out of trees and general idiocy. The worst time had to be when I was riding a mates bmx at the local jumps, to set the scene there were a load of jumps on a concrete patch.I went over the jump fine, landed very front heavy, front tyre popped I went flying face first into the concrete and then the bike hit me in the head.

I remember getting up and holding my head and my friend took me back to his, and as we were walking to his house my vision got worse and worse, everything was pink, eventually I couldnt see a thing and my mate had to guide me everywhere.

A few hours later I could finally see, but I had a new problem I felt sick as a dog, ran to the bathroom and as I was approaching the toilet not being able to hold it back any longer it decided to come out, the sick was projected in a straight line towards the toilet, I thought I got most of it in, but only to be told there was a line towards the toilet all over the bathroom carpet. I wasnt technically knocked out that time but was a definite concussion.

Have fainted a few times if I havent eaten, and its strange feeling, dizziness and the next thing you know your on the floor with people looking down at you, very surreal feeling about it.

[Edited on 11-02-2009 by 22B]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Has anyone ever 22 database queries in 0.0674348 seconds