corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » thermostat?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author thermostat?
andyc1234

User status: Offline
15th Feb 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

temps in red all the time, rad is cold, heaters are hot as fook so ruled water pump out. just want some confirmation before i get a new one ordered.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

15th Feb 09 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just test it Andy - take it out, and boil it up in a pan of water, to see if it opens or not
andyc1234

15th Feb 09 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what i can see its a pig to get off its a nova gte engine it looks like its on the side behind the timing cover so belt needs to come off
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

15th Feb 09 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, it's either the thermostat or an air lock - if its not an airlock, then it has to be the thermostat, but you may as well take it out and test it first - it may just need cleaning!

When i boiled mine to test it, it cleaned it too, so opens a bit further I think - whatever happened, it now runs 3 degrees cooler than before.
andyc1234

15th Feb 09 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it blew a pipe tonight so ts not good no water at all is going to the rad so it has to be the stat, iv had pipes off and flushed it all so its not that and ts not air lock as ts boiled a few times annyway. for what the cost might as well just put one on its just a turd of a job to change.

New Poll