corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help needed.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help needed.
saj_123

User status: Offline
16th Feb 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive a Corsa 1.0 12v v reg. My friend drives a 1.2 Sxi 05 Plate. He beats me every time when we go somewhere and i wanted to know of any good and cheap ways of increasing the speed of my car.

I dont really want to change the engine, currently everything on the car is standard. I just want to be able to give him a good run for his money. Thanks.
Menace187

16th Feb 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv gt a 1.0 to mate n ma mates 1.2 corsa c beats me but change ur air filter to at least make it sound quicker and fatter tyres to take im round corners
AcidK1

16th Feb 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its the sxi thats gettin you, my brother had a 1.4 sri and it wiped the floor with my 1.4 16v. ebay have a chip for the ecu i think for bout £10 increase bhp by 15 and increase 0-60...
swill_omnibus

16th Feb 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strip the car? ie rear seats, door trim etc?
lwigmore

16th Feb 09 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you mentioned you drive a 12v so thats probably why your slower than 1.2 sxi

best option: get a bigger engine as theres no point in upgrading parts on the 1.0 mate
swill_omnibus

16th Feb 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lwigmore
well you mentioned you drive a 12v so thats probably why your slower than 1.2 sxi

best option: get a bigger engine as theres no point in upgrading parts on the 1.0 mate
vxmechanic

16th Feb 09 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there aint much performance wise your gonna do like lwigmore said best to do a engine transplant, them chips are pony in my eye's, go for a 1.4 8valve lump i got one in my corsa and it pulls away from my mates 1.6 16v up untill bout 3rd gear and i only have a deristricted air box and a manifold
or even a 1.2 8v and strip the rear out and decent suspension and wheels and tyres.
N3CRO

16th Feb 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AcidK1
ebay have a chip for the ecu i think for bout £10 increase bhp by 15 and increase 0-60...

Don't be stupid! Them chips will fuck ya engine right up!
In answer to ur question, there are no parts you can buy for the 12v engine, trust me I know as I drive a 12v myself.

[Edited on 16-02-2009 by TheNobleOne]
lwigmore

16th Feb 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vxmechanic
there aint much performance wise your gonna do like lwigmore said best to do a engine transplant, them chips are pony in my eye's, go for a 1.4 8valve lump i got one in my corsa and it pulls away from my mates 1.6 16v up untill bout 3rd gear and i only have a deristricted air box and a manifold
or even a 1.2 8v and strip the rear out and decent suspension and wheels and tyres.

exactly what this fella has said

this is your best option to be honest
saj_123

17th Feb 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AcidK1
i think its the sxi thats gettin you, my brother had a 1.4 sri and it wiped the floor with my 1.4 16v. ebay have a chip for the ecu i think for bout £10 increase bhp by 15 and increase 0-60...

I agree with the first part, he used to have a 1.2 Fiat Punto and i used to beat him everytime. Thanks for everyones advice. Took the air filter just now and it looks like it has seen better days. Car is much quicker now without one on.

[Edited on 17-02-2009 by saj_123]

New Poll