corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Carbon it vent filter help :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carbon it vent filter help :(
adam 1.4 sport

User status: Offline
19th Feb 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa 1.4 16v sport and my fuel vent filter keeps getting blocked up with carbon i think. It is a back little balls and shaps. and where it goes into the joiner where the cable joins as well is full up off all this. I just cleaned it all out. and went down the raod came back and its full up again. What can this mean
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

19th Feb 09 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adam 1.4 sport
is a back little balls and shaps.

More to the point, what does that mean? I don't quite understand the issue, where is that part located?
adam 1.4 sport

19th Feb 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like loads off black ball blocking the tube. The tube rund behind the inlet manifold and then comes onto the manfold with 1 bold then from the filter in goes into the inlet
sxibeast

19th Feb 09 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean the breather pipe from the manifold is full of crap? Or am i thinking of the wrong part?

Put a picture up of the part and the black balls bit!
adam 1.4 sport

19th Feb 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the tread below over fueling it has the pipe on there whcih keeps kciking up shit and it says its some caniester
mattievRS

19th Feb 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for gods sake speak english!! someone will then help you!
adam 1.4 sport

19th Feb 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a thread below whcih says '' over fulelling'' <<<< do you understand that. and is says something about some charcol canaster which keeps carbon init which is what i am getting out off the pipe. It says the in thread which says '' over fuelling'' that it is the charcol canister as it stors the carbon deposits
mattievRS

19th Feb 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i understand that you retard but what is your actual problem??Can you actually be clear and explain in english or would that be too hard for you. what pipe and where does it go and where is it blocked up?

[Edited on 19-02-2009 by m17tty]
john_c20xe

19th Feb 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im really condused on what your on about.?
are you not english? dont mean to offend but i cant understand what your writing
adam 1.4 sport

19th Feb 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i am engilish mate lol. Dw aint got time for people him i aint all technical minded like m17tty so SORRY if i dont get it right
mattievRS

19th Feb 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idiot, it doesnt matter if im technically minded or not, im NOT the only person to comment on what the fuck are you on about.Simple typing in english would give everyone a good idea of your problem and it would have most likely been sorted if we had an idea what the problem is!!!!
adam 1.4 sport

21st Feb 09 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its called the charcol canaster. my mine keeps block my vent filter whcih charcol or carbon. Could this affect my performance
john_c20xe

22nd Feb 09 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mine keeps block my vent filter whcih .... i dont undrstand dude?? duno if its becos its late but i cant read it!
john_c20xe

22nd Feb 09 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dnt fink corsas have the charcole canister thinks its mostly newer cars not sure tho
bieransri

22nd Feb 09 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do have it yes, its only to there to allow fuel vapours into when the weathers hot and the fuel wants to evaporate.

the tank will vent to the canister and the vapours are stored here until they can return to the tank or be burnt via the engine.

i very much doubt it'll cause overfuelling tbh. it has no way of sending fuel to the engine other than allowing the vapours there via a pipe. it doesnt pump it up there in anyway.

the vapours wouldnt raise the fuel content thus altering the air/fuel ratio enough to notice rough running or black smoking from the engine.

most of the vapours get returned to the tank anyway so id look elsewhere for your cause.

New Poll