corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bleeding the air out of coolant system.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bleeding the air out of coolant system.
Mistamist

User status: Offline
19th Feb 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trying to bleed the air out of the coolant system today but no matter how much i try, im getting no heat from the interior heater blowers.

The rad fan comes on at around 100 degrees, but if i hold one of the pipes it feels like the water is bubbling inside the engine as if it is boiling which is just making more gas in the system.

i have let it bubble over to get all the air out, but even when i put the cap back on it seem like the water is just boiling in the system

Help
Stokie Dave

19th Feb 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I did mine I think I left it idling up to temp with coolant bottle top off, heaters on hot on full in the car till it settled and temp stayed level enough at 90 degrees C
Mistamist

19th Feb 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i did that, numerous times still no joy, the thermostat seems to be opening fine as the rad fan comes on around 98-100 degrees, but if i leave the lid off it just boils over and starts boiling in the engine (seems to do it still even when the lid it on, so this must be at a higher temperature due to water having a higher boiling point when its under pressure)

its getting annoying, there isnt any bleed valves on the engine. there should be one near the thermostat but aftermarket ones dont seem to have one.
john_c20xe

19th Feb 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like head gasket.

does the two hoses going into the bulkhead get hot? if they do your heater matrix could also be blocked

New Poll