corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » i have actually been hacked good and propper

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i have actually been hacked good and propper
C2RL R

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a phone call of paypal asking me to confirm some transactions this morning, i said i've not used my paypal for a few days so they have started and investigation.
i tried to get on my online banking but that hasn't worked for several weeks.
so i phone the bank and they said that 4 seperate transactions for £207 have come out this morning. all for the same person.
logging into paypal also confirms this.
i've told my bank to totally block my account and to send me a new card and pin number.
in the meantime i can't even get into my hotmail account now as apparently my password is incorrect.
i'm going down the bank in the morning to get detailed statements off them and going through them with a fine tooth comb.
what the hell has happened though? my head is well gone at the minute so can't even think straight.

[Edited on 23-02-2009 by C2RL R]
Neil Dagens

23rd Feb 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wankers
John

23rd Feb 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you've possibly had something that included a keylogger on your pc.
C2RL R

23rd Feb 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have sent a few payments lately on paypal. so if i have one of these keylogger thingy's it's possible they got my log in details and sent payments to themselves?
CorsAsh

23rd Feb 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£207 is bang on $300 so I bet it's some Yank bastard ripping you off.
John

23rd Feb 09 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possible yes, it's more the internet banking that leads me to that, if that infact has been compromised and the payments aren't just from your paypal.
M2RTY

23rd Feb 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont u guys get email swhen paypal makes a transaction?
C2RL R

23rd Feb 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this all happened this morning. i've tried to access my email after paypal alerted me that something dodgy has happened and my password is no longer working.

[Edited on 23-02-2009 by C2RL R]
C2RL R

23rd Feb 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with regards to this £828 thats been stolen, aparently it will take 10 days for me to get it back assuming i win the dispute. this means i will most probably default on my mortgage and car payments as they come out at the end of the month which is less than 10 days away.
Nismo

23rd Feb 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reset your hotmail password?
C2RL R

23rd Feb 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but how do i get back in there after that? i click on forgotten my details and it just says that instructions have been sent to my email address. well thats no use coz i can't access it.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Feb 09 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats with all these hacked posts
C2RL R

23rd Feb 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck knows but i'm the only one that has been robbed as far as i can see. i'm fucking fuming. whats my chances of getting my money back?
*JonnyG*

23rd Feb 09 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay

Was thinking the same.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Feb 09 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant honestly comment mate, just get ready to fill some forms in at the bank.

If i was you I'd get your PC looked at immediately or at least any PC's you use for Internet banking/private email/etc. Someone has obviously stolen aload of your login info and used it to move cash, protect yourself now.
jonny-sport

23rd Feb 09 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
yeah but how do i get back in there after that? i click on forgotten my details and it just says that instructions have been sent to my email address. well thats no use coz i can't access it.

the e-mail addy would be a second address that you used to make the hotmail account iirc. yes more then likely got a keylogger and if your using that computer now he is probley reading everything you say so if i was you reformat your computer and dont log in to anything else until your computer is clean
C2RL R

23rd Feb 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucks sake, if you are reading this you robbing little fucker, i hope you get found out and some big black dude called leroy dry butt fucks you then pours acid on your eyeballs.
Neil Dagens

23rd Feb 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so thats 3 now then? i think the bank may give you ur money back of they know its fraud? my mate did anyway
C2RL R

23rd Feb 09 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bank have to wait to see what paypal say apparently. if paypal won't give it me back then i have to then contact the bank. it will be almost 3 weeks before i get anything if i'm lucky. by which time i will have defaulted on my mortgage and my car payments.
Paul_J

23rd Feb 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*
quote:
Originally posted by willay

Was thinking the same.

exactly what I jsut thought... makes me a tad concerned...

I think all these people have to write any in particular things they've done lately... like whether they've clicked something / downloaded something / had someone add them to msn etc.
CorsAsh

23rd Feb 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a lot of unsolicited MSN addition requests, keep blocking/deleting them.

Out of interest, which browser are you using? There was a serious problem with IE recently if I remember rightly. That was to do with theft of passwords/personal info.
Rich H

23rd Feb 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems to be getting increasingly common now unfortunately. Touch wood I've been ok so far, but my old man has now been done over twice in a year.

His credit card both times - this time they got into his google account though and set up checkout and started ordering stuff on eBuyer. Ordered some random lead to test the water, then ordered a PS3 and a few other bits. eBuyer & Google now being gits to aid getting my Dad's money back though

Hope you manage to get things sorted though mate
Paul_J

23rd Feb 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh it's common, but 3 new ones in 1 day on the same site, that suggests there's something people have done around this site / community (even if it's just the fact it's spreading over msn, but obv has friends from CS on their list)...

I'm expecting the number of people saying they've been hacked to increase if this is the case! it's just most people might not of realised yet.
Gareth F

23rd Feb 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no friends on here so i guess im safe
Terry12

23rd Feb 09 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
the bank have to wait to see what paypal say apparently. if paypal won't give it me back then i have to then contact the bank. it will be almost 3 weeks before i get anything if i'm lucky. by which time i will have defaulted on my mortgage and my car payments.

I'd get in touch with your finance companies in the morning mate, Explain what's happened and see if they'll let you defer payment for a month.
Good luck with your claim

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » i have actually been hacked good and propper 22 database queries in 0.0153461 seconds