corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20xe hesitating/lacking power

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20xe hesitating/lacking power
redtom

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 20xe has been hesistating recently... It feels like its just holding back almost and not kicking in like it should. When you give it some it just isnt giving the same kick and pulling like it should. You can feel it when just cruising along aswell if you hold it at say 2000rpm constantly you can almost feel it waving in and out of power, almost like its starting to run out of fuel (yes its got petrol in it lol). Some nights it seems to do it worse then others but it could be my imagination.

Its had a fairly recent fuel filter (although its run out of petrol a couple of times since), fairly recent plugs and service. No cat blocked as its doesnt have one.

Any ideas?
Terry12

23rd Feb 09 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same on my old XE, Turned out to be the seal btween the SFi box and throttle body. It's worth taking a look at your intake setup for any leaks.
Have you got an air box or cone filter? Is hot air getting into the intake?
Warren G

23rd Feb 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yours a redtop now?

when past you other day in the one way system in maidstone, well at least i think it was you
redtom

23rd Feb 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah just a redtop with mild cams pretty boring gets me around for now. saw you rip it past the police station... lol.

could be an air leak il have to have a look again ive gave it a quick going over just thought id see if there are common things to check.
Terry12

23rd Feb 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have the cams been timed properly?
My mate has just fitted a set of mild reground cams and he's reporting the power is down since fitting.

My Newman cams run like a bag of nails under 3k, Like they're on 3 cylinder.
We think both sets need timing correctly.

I've just bought some dial gauges so we can dial them in bob on.
redtom

24th Feb 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah all good mechanics wise pretty sure its electronic. Been caning it about for ages and its only just started doing it.

New Poll