corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Grrr Corsa MOT woes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Grrr Corsa MOT woes
moka

User status: Offline
24th Feb 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently had my corsa mot'd > failed > fixed and remot'd > passed

It failed on -

suspension arms
steering uj

I got hold of some suspension arms and had the garage fit them but they told me that the vertical bolts that connect the anti roll bar to the suspension arm was too short (by about 4 threads) and would need to get it replaced. I was suprised when they said it still passed its mot and i could drive it away!

anyway my question is... would i actually need to get this replaced???? if so does anyone know which bolt it is.

The car is a corsa b 1.0
DaveyLC

24th Feb 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont need the ARB to pass an MOT.. Sounds like they have tried to put the brackets on the wrong ends of the ARB.
Richardhhha

24th Feb 09 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
You dont need the ARB to pass an MOT.. Sounds like they have tried to put the brackets on the wrong ends of the ARB.

sounds exactly like what they have done
moka

24th Feb 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you telling me it sounds like a garage has fitted something to my car the wrong way round? lol

New Poll