corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A little credit crunch treat to myself..........(Bike related)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A little credit crunch treat to myself..........(Bike related)
mikenoncorsa

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 09 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally, after 5 weeks of waiting I picked up my new bike yesterday. Absolutely love it and am so pleased with my choice. Had excellent service from Cradley Kawasaki too so thanks to them! Did 120 miles yesterday, popped upto the bike stop cafe at Quatt, was a fair few bikes out. Today i followed the a44 from worceter all the way through to Rayader, such an amazing road and hardly any traffic. Got another 150 miles on it today, just taking it steady at the moment but feels so good to ride. Anyway, here's the pics......

deano87

2nd Mar 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikes just don't do anything for me unless it has no engine and goes offroad
Ben G

2nd Mar 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you hve a headlight out

love the bike!
Ben G

2nd Mar 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Bikes just don't do anything for me unless it has no engine and goes offroad

a poofy bike deano
DizzyRebel

2nd Mar 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nicem needs a yoshi can on it and some proper tires but otherwise there probably the most fun 600 on the market!
mikenoncorsa

2nd Mar 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will get a can once in ran in, most probably an akra.

Ben, only one dipped light, other is main beam
jimmy 2.1

2nd Mar 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice! Pretty much giving these away!
Ojc

2nd Mar 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gorgeous, back end seems a lot lower than recent bikes. Have they changed the design recently?
Warren G

2nd Mar 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

17,000rpm

must be a 600

i think mine only revs to 12 or 13,000

DizzyRebel

2nd Mar 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god, you dont have to run them in you know lol - i worked at a bike dealership for 3 years and we have always advsed our customers to give them shit from day one as its dyno proven bikes that get thrashed out the showroom create more power than ones ran in gently.

Id try the yoshi on that, from experience they sound the best - like a 600ss bike - the akras are a bit quiet and dont quite have the same bark.
flybikeslee

2nd Mar 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks
mikenoncorsa

2nd Mar 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC, seat height is 120mm, same as my previous '98 R6 so think it may just be the pics making it look lower.

Yeah, can't wait to hear it howl at 17,000rpm. Just running it in at the moment tho
davcohen

2nd Mar 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love to ride one some day but at the moment if i were to pick up somethng like the above im not sure how long i would last
Paul_J

2nd Mar 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice that mate... a lot more slim / better lines than previous kawazakis...

[Edited on 02-03-2009 by Paul_J]
Paul_J

2nd Mar 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did you think of the 98 R6? I'm wanting a 98-99 R6 in blue.
DizzyRebel

2nd Mar 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok beginner bike but slow and heavy by todays standards. depends on your budget really but i tell anyone buying a 600 to buy as new as possible as bikes advance so much from year to year - the difference between an 06 bike and an 09 bike is usually worlds apart.

how much is your budget?
fir3vip3r

2nd Mar 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
ok beginner bike but slow and heavy by todays standards. depends on your budget really but i tell anyone buying a 600 to buy as new as possible as bikes advance so much from year to year - the difference between an 06 bike and an 09 bike is usually worlds apart.

how much is your budget?

id disagree, the bike doesnt make a lot of difference, its a lot more about the rider.

i dont think strecthing your budget to get an 06 rather than an 02 for example would be beneficial.

plus i doubt on any road you could get the most out of a cg 125 let alone a sports 600.
Paul_J

2nd Mar 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hah any bike is going to seem heavy to me, I ride a Aprila 125 RS

Weighs fuck all, got it on dulop gp tyres too, stickier than my r888s on my car... just lean it in and squeeze the throttle and it sticks like shit. Such a shame mid corner you go through about 3 or 4 gears accelerating

reason I want a bigger bike is, wider power band, longer gears...

Aprilia RS accelerating hard you go change up every second, sucks being mid corner going up through the gears... then getting to the next bend and having to downshift like 4 or 5 to get it buzzing again in the power band.
Bram

2nd Mar 09 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gorgeous bike mate.

Those Kwaks are really well specced straight out of the box! Did you go for a 0% finance deal?
DaveyLC

2nd Mar 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

But not because the RS125 hasnt got enough power to pull the skin off a rice pudding?
rustyarchs

2nd Mar 09 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats nice
DaveyLC

2nd Mar 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
17,000rpm

must be a 600

i think mine only revs to 12 or 13,000

600 is the best size enough power for any standard issue idiot and light enough to handle well

Big CC bikes are fun but you have to be a class A nut job to get the full potential.
jr

2nd Mar 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new age 750 in essintally a 600 fram is surely the best all round package
Richardhhha

2nd Mar 09 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah a new zx6r i do like the styling of these
nice revy 600 good power delivery does it pull ok from mid range as my dads G2 is a git and you got to rev the nuts off it to get it moving.

DaveyLC you dont need to have a big cc bike to be a world class nut job lol
ive been on the back of my dads ZX6R when he deided to over take a lorry, all i saw over his sholder was 100mph then the nedle very shockingly shoot to 155mph and then we hit a little bump... well little bump at that speed = big blody wheelie.

things ive hered from my dads old mates and people who ive talked to at some bike shows tells me that me pop was a litle raskle when he was a lad with a z900 a4
DizzyRebel

2nd Mar 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
hah any bike is going to seem heavy to me, I ride a Aprila 125 RS

Weighs fuck all, got it on dulop gp tyres too, stickier than my r888s on my car... just lean it in and squeeze the throttle and it sticks like shit. Such a shame mid corner you go through about 3 or 4 gears accelerating

Aprilia RS accelerating hard you go change up every second, sucks being mid corner going up through the gears... then getting to the next bend and having to downshift like 4 or 5 to get it buzzing again in the power band.

MCN didnt rate the RS125 as the second best handling bike of all time for no reason - there an absolute hoot! Ive had 4 of them and am looking at buying another to keep forever. 2 strokes are the best fun on 2 wheels without a doubt, maybe they are underpowered but they are just so rewarding when you get it right. I had an rs250 challenge bike for a bit and that was just mint, if it wasnt for the maintenance it needed it would have kept its place in the workshop!

PS for any bike 400cc and under the best tires to use are bridgestone BT090's, tried and tested lol.

As for the best road bikes, forget your 600's or 750's, you want a twin - an aprilia RSV to be precise. Best road bike money can buy imo and faster round bol d'or circuit than any other 06' 1000cc I4 proven.

Only problem with 600's is you need to rev the nuts off them to get them to trot on, which is great fun on track but can get tedious on the road. Whereas on an rsv just wind the throttle back and let the torque catapult you into the distance without the lairyness of a 4.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A little credit crunch treat to myself..........(Bike related) 22 database queries in 0.0180910 seconds