corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Share help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Share help.
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Mar 09 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, as some of u may have read i got made redundant a few weeks ago.

As a result of this, the shares that had been given to us, and told we had to hold for 5 years now have to be sold to us, or transfered to a broker.

The letter ive gotis so crap, i cant make sense of who i would need to transfer them to etc, or what the value is at present if i was to sell.

I did a little bit of research and found the value to be around 1200, just above the lowest they have been. highest was about a year ago at around 2500.

Is it worth me transfering them to a broker? if so who and how much will it cost me. Its money ive never had so it wont bother me to hold onto them for a while if there likely to go up, which they have done in the last 2 months, and then dropped (35 SEK to 45 SEK and now back to 35 SEK)

Cheers peeps

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
James

6th Mar 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the company?

That will give an indication of roughly which way the share price is likely to go.
Dan
Premium Member

6th Mar 09 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AB volvo (volvo truck and bus basically)

James

6th Mar 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems they have forecasted a large drop in truck sales for 2009.

So share prices are likely to continue dropping, however I can't see a company like that going under. So if you're happy to be in it for the long term then I would hang onto them TBH.
Twiggy

6th Mar 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above.
Dan
Premium Member

6th Mar 09 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell me all about the drop in sales lol. Was summit like 10k sales for this year and ended up with summit like 2k. Hence why i lost my job. So how long expected for them to start going up again

Colin

6th Mar 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple years before you'll see growth in that sort of business imo.

If you dont need the cash just sit on the fence & wait it out!
Ste
Premium Member

6th Mar 09 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is anything like our bae shares then if you take them out in the first 3 or 5 years depending on certain things, then you have to pay tax on them as they are bought pre tax from your wages.
I would just call a broker and ask about fees and what your options are. For that amount of money i wouldn't mind spending £100 just to make sure they are safe and one day you could sell.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Dan
Premium Member

6th Mar 09 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo dont have to pay any tax, says so in my letter today.

Probs worth selling them now then, id be more than happy to take 1200 now, rather than wait 2 years and get 2400 tbh

Dan
Premium Member

10th Mar 09 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i been keepin an eye on the share price over last few day, it was 34 SEK when i posted this i think. Its now up to 40.5 SEK,

Thats raised the total from about 1200 to 1500 :S

I really dunno what to do. Who would i have to transfer them 2? says a crest registered broker :s

stubbsy05

11th Mar 09 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan theres a place in Norwich you can sell them to.

As you've said, as you've been made redundant you've got the shares tax free.
Adge

11th Mar 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell sell sell
Dan
Premium Member

11th Mar 09 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody know anything about opening an account where i can hold the shares, seen some crest accounts, but dont understand it all

New Poll