corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » any managers in here?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any managers in here?
Darkside-Dee

User status: Offline
8th Mar 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as title really, just interested to see if any of you guys manage a team?

i've just took over Jarrow United Under 13's and so far in 2 games scored 13 and conceded 3, which is quite well, were currently 8th with 7 games in hand, so quite possibly could be joint top. trying to get them promoted 3 seasons in succession.

if any of you's are managers, could you give me some hints as to what drills i could do to get them to start using the wings?

cheers
Carl

8th Mar 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep it simple, concentrate on passing and movement. A lot of kids don't run if they haven't got the ball, or don't know where to run. Triangles and simple 1 -2 exercises would be my approach. small sided games, have to have 5 passes before scoring, stuff like that.

What's their level of skill at minute?
Darkside-Dee

8th Mar 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite high to be fair, there in the second division and they've been promoted 3 seasons in succession. there in the quater finals of the cup as well against there rivals in the higher league who they always beat.
Carl

8th Mar 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Means nothing to me, not aware of the leagues and what not. What's there style of play like? kick it and all run? are they all good players or is it a mix?
Promoting using both feet is a good thing to do at a young age too. do 1 and 2 touch passing drills, mixing it up with both feet, you specify which they are top use, keep swapping it around.
16vKarlos

8th Mar 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what days are matches and practice? do they have HARD training sessions?

This may seem errelivant to some but if they train two or less days before a match, they will use more of what you taught them in practice.

For instance; If you practice on tuesday and they are at school all week and the match is on saturday or sunday a fair few would have forgotten what drills they did.

something in practice to work towards is good too, an Enticemenat.

1) If you all pay attention to the new drills i have today, at the end of practice we will have a match or penalties or hit the cross-bar

A) A match for 10 mins is a good (enticement)

B) Who can hit the Cross bar from centre... Not just fun, this can also be a technique for who is your BEST Corner, Free-Kick taker.

C) Penalties, all the lads love to see who is best at penalties, so give it a go

"SWITCHING" see who has the ability to switch from side to side. this is good also for a target or free kicks.

"TRIANGLE" as said before, this is great works very well for opening up space, and can open up the Wings.

hope this helps
Karlos
Danny P

8th Mar 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darkside-Dee
if any of you's are managers, could you give me some hints as to what drills i could do to get them to start using the wings?

Get a game going with the 2 wing sections marked out with cones down the side of the field.

In these sections have the wingers of the teams. No other players allowed in the area apart from the wingers. Play normal Football rules apart from the teams can have no more than 3/4/5 passes before it goes out the wing. If they dont get it out there within the 3/4/5 passes then they have to do 10 press ups, and the other team gets the ball.

Its also a good drill for the wingers to practise crosses an all, as they aint under any pressure from defenders so can take thier time and get it right.

My old man is qualified upto UEFA B Licence, and coaches down at Huddersfield Academy so i've got shit loads of information on coaching and drills etc. He got loads of them from a website, i'll get it from him & pass it on to you. I really should get my arse in gear & get qualified myself as its something i've always wanted to do. Costs shit loads though

[Edited on 08-03-2009 by Danny P]
Darkside-Dee

8th Mar 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got put through my FA level 1 with my college course as one of the main focuses of the course is coaching. think im going to stay on an extra year and do my FA level 2.

Training was on the thursday but has now been moved to a saturday as its more convenient for most players. matches on a sunday.

the players are really good to be honest, they stay in their positions, get back and cover etc, but the wingers seem to drift in as this is their first season on an 11-a-side pitch cos under 12's is on a smaller pitch. We've got 2 lads who play for the county and in total honesty i can see them turning pro as they are that good.

sorry, forgot to mention about the league, the top league is the Under 13's premier league, then the under 13's first division, under 13's second division which we are currently in for the first season, under 13's third division, the under 13's fourth division and the under 13's fifth division. its the russel fosters league the tyne and wear divisions.

cheers guys, got some good ideas from it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » any managers in here? 23 database queries in 0.0084481 seconds